SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 07:47:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CAV72 vending issues  (Read 2510 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« on: July 07, 2021, 09:25:06 am »

I have a Cavalier 72 that I continue to have issues with vending.  It will vend fine for a while and then the coins just drop through the coin mech.  I test the wiring by bypassing the coin mech with a hard wire to pin #1 and #3 and it will vend without a problem.  I assume the issue is with the coin mech so I get another one (on eBay that "say's" tested) and again it will work for a while, but then stops with the same issue.  I then do the pin #1 and #3 test and it vends no problem.  So I am not really sure what is going on.  Maybe I am just getting some bad coin mechs.  Then I thought I would just set it up for free vend and I see the postings on how to make one, but I also see Free Vend Micro Switch on Funtronics (https://www.fun-tronicsllc.com/product/free-vend-micro-switch/) that says for models with electric coin changers, but confused how that works.  It says mounts behind the door and activated by the bent coin return?  Will this switch work with a CAV72 and if so how do you actually install it?  Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 04:34:31 pm »

Here's how I mounte done for a customers VF56...should give you ideas anyway...

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,22542.0.html

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 06:26:52 pm »

Hey Johnny, thanks for the response and assistance.  So I understand this correctly I have to figure out a way to mount the free vend switch in such a way that when you depress the coin return is pushes the switch down?  Also, I then have to wire the free switch to where pins #1 and #3 come into where the jones plug would normally plug into?  Thanks.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 07:40:09 am »

You could use double-sided tape to mount a normally open micro-switch to the back of the coin channel toward the bottom so the switch wire can interact with the coin return plate...

My six cents,

Jim

SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 08:55:10 am »

A good idea Jim, thanks.  I also have to wire the free vend switch with some sort of connectors to connect it to where pins #1 and #3 would connect normally from the jones plug, right?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 09:03:12 am »

Yes, if you’re not using the old coinmech, I’ve used male 1/4” quick connects to push into the socket slots to make the connections.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2021, 08:48:24 am »

Thank you Johnny and Jim.  I will go ahead and get the free vend switch and let you know how it goes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: