SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 02:02:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Popperette on Ebay  (Read 1348 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: January 03, 2021, 11:14:21 am »

Saw a Popperette on Ebay today in California. I believe they want $2,500.00 or best offer. Just eyeballing the pictures I noticed that the “Watch it pop” front plastic is missing and the round plastic sweeper piece to let the popcorn fall is missing. I don’t see a heater switch but there are two switches on the main cam. I’m assuming one is for the heater. There are three mercury switches on this one. One is for low oil, one keeps the motor running until the coin on the coin switch drops down to the coin box and then there is the mystery switch. My guess is a heater switch. It’s interesting that this one is between my machine and the one that has the clock mech. I would call this version two. Mines getting younger each time an older style is discovered. How cool is that. I know my style had the oil safety and the motor control mercury switches. The motor control mercury switch was switched out to a relay due to motor failures when the mercury switch would loosen up. I wonder if that alleged heater switch failed and then they redesigned it to a micro switch. Both switches, heater and motor, seemed to be redesigned in the future and the way they were made was by simply drilling/taping a hole and add a screw to make or break the switches. I always thought it was weird that the umbrella micro switch had a post that was actually machined into the umbrella cam but the motor switch (relay version) and the heater switch just used a screw tapped into the large cam and the counter lever. Now I know why, simple redesigning solutions.

Anyway, theres an older version on Ebay. I think it’s overpriced, but worth it if you want one bad enough. I have no pictures or Ebay number. Just look up popperette.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 11:23:41 am by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: