SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 12:29:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing of the Guard ! ! !  (Read 36380 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« on: December 07, 2020, 10:08:37 pm »

To everyone,

Due to my inability to stay on top of Soda-Machines.Com software, we have been repeatedly hacked via a variety of methods resulting in me shutting the Main Site down until I can regroup...
With this said, any new registrations at the Discussion Areas will be delayed since email functions are intermittent.
Life, at the moment, has me stretched to my limits with each week adding new challenges...

To many, Soda-Machines.Com has fallen from the status it once was a few years ago!  It is apparent many members have migrated to other platforms but I felt the Discussion Areas still has an enormous amount of information to offer should someone wish to Search!

Sometime in the beginning of 2021, a decision will have to be made for the future of SMC...

Should anyone have questions or concerns, contact me via phone - 77two*834*327one

Thank you for your attention!

My six cents,

Jim

mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 11:04:16 pm »

Sorry to hear but appreciate your efforts Jim. I'm hoping someway somehow the site will live in 2021 but support your decision either way. It's quiet here but still enjoy it. I know the internet now is a little old school so to speak but our hobby is old school so it seems fitting. At least on this site we don't get asked multiple times a day how much is my Vendo 83 worth.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 04:45:34 pm »

Jim...Thanks for all your efforts on SMC over the years. It's been a great site and very helpful to all of us! I completely understand where you are coming from. Thanks again!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 03:24:14 pm »

Very sad the hackers have caused so much trouble. How about just close it to new members? I would help with the costs to keep the forum alive. Would hate to lose the vast amount of knowledge stored in the files. Thanks for all You do!
Creighton
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 08:17:26 pm »

True...if you keep the bogus new registrations out you won't end up like Cola-machines did with nothing but spam replies from Ukraine.  or perhaps registration by invitation only...IE have a Jerk vet newbies before they are allowed to register to post

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 10:37:08 am »

Jim, I am so sorry to hear this and really appreciate everything you have done, because as you said this site has an enormous amount of information and has helped me SO many times.   As recommended maybe registration to new members be by recommendation from current members or something like that.  I would hate to see this go away if it can be helped at all.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 05:19:28 pm »

Hate change... I've been here forever.. met a ton of great people and have learned a lot.. but times are changing.. most have gone to FB.. I joined this year when this covid crap hit to catch up with high school friends and joined a few other groups on the site... it's good but not as good as this site.. too many folks asking questions then disappearing... so many out there with no clue... and with the Chicago show gone.. I don't see and visit with anyone from here anymore... sucks...

Jim you should start a private group on FB of just the folks from here... Hope this site can go/live on in some way... I still check in... lots... LOTS of knowledge in these post... probably nothing you can't find or learn about a machine that hasn't already been asked or posted... and the soda machine section with makes and models.. I've sent links to this site to several folks who look for identification. hoping they'll join in here.

Thanks Jim for all you've done and do....
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:00:26 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2020, 12:13:59 pm »

Jim, First off - thank you for all you've done and do for this site. I first found this site prior to any FB groups and have really enjoyed this site. I'm no IT or website expert but if there is anything that you can think of that I could do to help support you and/or the site in anyway, please reach out to me.

Thanks again for all you've done!

Jacobs 56 Restored
Vendo 81D Previous "resturbished"  - New Refurbishment in process
Vendo 81B - restoration in process
VMC Pepsi 81 - in line for restoration
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 02:38:15 am »

Dang it ! I’ve been gone for along time and tried every once in awhile to get back on this site and my phone keep telling be that the sight was unsecure and would not load . Finally got back on and read this

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 11:59:12 pm »

Sorry Jim guess I as guilty as anyone for not checking in daily.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest