SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 12:35:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse WC-126-MD Parts ID Needed  (Read 5417 times)
duvall172

« on: November 26, 2020, 12:17:36 am »

I’m starting to reassemble my machine now and no matter how much I’ve tried, I just can’t remember what these are or where they go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 06:57:53 am »

I believe those look like bottle column-guides (shims)  for the rack, they should mount/ fit into slots on the outboard selection columns  (first/far left & last/far right) they help guide the bottles as they drop down past the pivot links in order to keep them from hitting the pivot points on the mesh “catchers mitt” that rises up to help slow the dropping bottles as it leaves the rack & drops toward the delivery slot...I also recall that they perform an anti theft function to prevent someone reaching up into the columns & forcing open the end delivery wire rods)   I don’t know if your machine is converted to vend cans, but if so then these pieces would also help narrow the bottom of the racks “throat “ to help keep the cans aligned at the bottom of the “ bottle” rack

picture them as bookends on either end of the rack assembly.   Funny I have a lot of spare bits and pieces from several of parted out  “Select-a-Matics” but not one lower Vending assembly... those are the first to sell it seems

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
duvall172

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 01:44:25 am »

Thanks for the info. I tried to put them in as you instructed, but I can’t get them to fit anywhere no matter how I turn them or anything. Like the vending mechanism, if I mess around with this thing long enough, it’ll come to me. I seriously do appreciate your input and help.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 08:56:03 pm »

They could also hang down at the top of the columns to space the bottle guide depth (for shorter or longer bottle lengths) they should fit into slots /notches at the top rear-half of the columns.

see my cheesy Drawing    biggrin
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 09:15:59 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
duvall172

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 10:57:42 pm »

The drawing is actually not bad at all. Quite good, actually, but no help. I’ve tried to fit the two slots into everything on the machine and they match nothing. Everything’s either too wide or too narrow. At this point, I’m going to leave them out and see what happens. Reminds me of when I was 16 and started working on my own car. After I put everything back together and fired it up, I always had a box of “extra parts” that didn’t make it back onto the car for some reason. Car ran fine without them. Maybe even better with the reduced weight.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 05:47:53 pm »

well maybe another memeber will chip in & help ID your mystery parts...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 05:55:26 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
duvall172

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 11:56:51 am »

That’d be great, but I’m not going to hold my breath on that one. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of love for this giant monster mega Westinghouse out there. Or parts. Or experience. Not exactly the ideal machine for a newbie to try his  first resto on, but I’m going to keep plugging away at it. You’ve been a big help so far and I seriously do appreciate it.

Quick question: where can I get a new door gasket for this thing? I need a lock for the access door too. Any suggestions?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 01:38:54 pm »

Yeah bigger isn't better in the world of soda machines insofar as collecting them anyway... tounge

Despite it's size, your model mechanically is identical to its smaller brothers the MD60 & MD78, so if any member has one of those, the vending basket ( as I call the portion of the mechanim below the rack assembly) is the same setup... nobody I can think of makes a pre-cut gasket for any of the Westy' pre-selects, but you'll be able to purchase some good old "gasket by the foot"  you'll have to slice a portion & see if you can match its side profile/shape ( E: is it more of an "S" or a "Z" or an "N" shape...my local HVAC/refrigeration supplyer has handy dandy wall chart with actual gasket samples attached to it for comparison , it comes in handy when I need to match a door gasket on an old walkin or upright cooler in commercial kitchens & such, but it aslo works just fine for obscure pop machines too... google "refrigeration door gaskets" & you'll see hundreds of different styles, shapes and sizes.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 01:54:42 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
duvall172

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 02:39:45 am »

Exactly the info I needed, johnieG! Once again, thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: