SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 02:19:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picked up some good parts  (Read 2042 times)
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« on: November 11, 2020, 01:37:55 am »

Came across an ad for someone getting ready to take a 110 to the dump unless anyone wanted it.  it was in pieces and missing some parts, but there were some good parts and I hated to see it trashed so I went to see what could be salvaged.  The body was actually in good rustfree condition.  It was taken apart in 1990 for restoration, set on a warehouse storage rack, and left there for 30 years.  There was a big box of miscellaneous pieces that had baggies of screws sorted and tagged so someone intended to do it right. I didn't have the room or desire to do a 110, so i took the following: the front door, in great shape and will become a wall hanger; coin door, cooling deck - supposed to work but not tested yet, and the big box.  Went through the big box this evening and found the coin mech in the bottom.  The guy through in a Pam Dr. Pepper clock too, clearing out clutter and only wanted $20 for it.  It was filthy, but have already cleaned it up some and it will be pretty nice.  There was a kelvinator chest cooler that was in rough shape.  got the skins from the lids which will also make nice wall hangers.  Grabbed the cool cap catcher, its huge, the stainless steel trim pieces and corners as well as a custom made replacement liner he was getting rid of.  I have no use for these items and only grabbed them because they were going in the dumpster after I left.  i am going to keep the cap catcher, but if anyone can use the other items let me know.

A couple questions:
1.  The bottle stack only had 7 racks and I think is a can stack.  The shelves were only 16" wide, are these associated with the can option?
2.  The wood frame for the door was in great shape.  i am giving the door to a friend of mine and i don't think he needs the frame.  i have heard these are one of the biggest headaches in redoing a 110.  Anyone need the frame?
3.  There is a change tube on the side of the coin mech but nothing connected to it.  I assume there is a piece or two missing from it and I can just remove it and use it as a standard coin mech?

If anyone needs any misc parts for a 110 let me know.  I will not be keeping most of what was in the big box as I will have no need for them.

If you've reached "Jerk" status, any of these parts are free, small payback for your many contributions that I have used over the years. 

« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 11:52:44 am by BrianS » Logged

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
FlaJunkie

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 11:03:21 am »

I need a lock assembly for a VMC 340. Maybe you have one that fits?
vintagevendo

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 07:12:07 pm »

PM Sent
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 12:03:48 am »

Can stack shelves are different than bottle stack shelves so very likely ...
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 08:22:16 pm »

Brian, such a great post and a way to give back to the "soda community". Glad you took the time to go check this out. I'm sure someone will appreciate you having these parts.

Jacobs 56 Restored
Vendo 81D "restorebished"
Vendo 81B - restoration in process
VMC Pepsi 81 - in line for restoration
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: