SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 10:33:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help needed with Westinghouse WC-126-MD  (Read 4013 times)
duvall172

« on: November 09, 2020, 11:56:03 pm »

Does anyone have any experience with one of these machines? I recently acquired one of these and I've been restoring it to functioning condition. So far, everything has been going pretty smooth until I tried to reassemble the delivery gates after cleaning them. I have a service manual and I've followed the directions, but something still doesn't seem right to me. If anyone could offer some guidance or even some pics of what the delivery gates look like when fully assembled, I'd appreciate it.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 05:13:48 pm »

Post some pictures of what you have & how you’ve reassembled the Vending rack & links so far
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 08:14:30 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
duvall172

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 10:12:42 pm »

Here’s what I have going on. I put the long spacers on pivot pin 1 and 7. The small spacers are on the rest. As for the delivery gates, it seems like some are too long and some are too short to reach the pivot pins on the back side. Odd, because they’re all the same size before I put them in. Pretty frustrating. Hopefully, these 2 pics I took will post. If not, I’ll keep trying.
duvall172

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 10:13:51 pm »

Trying this again.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 04:26:44 pm »

Only thing that caught my eye was this vending rod looks to be askew, all the others are parallel to each other...is it criss-crossed onto the wrong post?

11 is louder than 10...
duvall172

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 02:27:50 am »

No, it’s not crisscrossed onto the wrong post. Some of the bars reach the pivot pins in the back perfectly and some don’t reach them at all and are just kind of hanging out there in limbo. I believe that’s what you saw. Are the spacers in the correct position? Long on the ends and short everywhere else? I’ve taken before pics of everything I’ve touched on this machine for reference, but for some idiotic reason, I didn’t take one of this before I started screwing around with it. I’ll get it right eventually.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 08:01:23 pm »

No, it’s not crisscrossed onto the wrong post. Some of the bars reach the pivot pins in the back perfectly and some don’t reach them at all and are just kind of hanging out there in limbo. I believe that’s what you saw. Are the spacers in the correct position? Long on the ends and short everywhere else? I’ve taken before pics of everything I’ve touched on this machine for reference, but for some idiotic reason, I didn’t take one of this before I started screwing around with it. I’ll get it right eventually.
sounds like you've found your problem then...incorrect reassembly, very easy to do on this rack when you have a jumble of parts in a pile, all rods should land on their respective posts & end up parallel with each other within the vending slot(s) I've owned all models of this machine & I've always cleaned the racks as a whole & only took it apart one section at a time to replace broken or missing links, I have many parts for these machines for the 60/78/124, but not a rack to be found in my storage unit to use as an example...sorry

so in hindsight, should of kept it assembled...I know I've learned my leason in the past.  ( which is why I don't work on my own mechanical/ crank handle change giving coinmechs either)   tounge

11 is louder than 10...
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 08:03:18 pm »

But at least my dog understands me...

11 is louder than 10...
duvall172

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 03:14:47 am »

If I knew then what I know now, right? It’s been a very valuable lesson learned. I’ll get it right eventually. There are only so many ways to reassemble it. I’ll hit on the correct combination at some point. I appreciate your input even if it didn’t help much this time. On a positive note, at least I know now where I can get parts if I need any. Any suggestions on a source for a replacement door gasket? Mine is useless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: