SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 06:11:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V81D in for repair  (Read 9521 times)
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2020, 06:52:15 pm »

OK, I've finalized the wiring for the sold-out window LED light mod....looks real nice! positioning the lamp below the window using an old offset door lock latch-tab under the one cup-screw that retains the coin-bezel holds it in the right spot to illuminate the window & decal without casting any weird shadows, as you can see I routed the lamp sockets wire along the top of the inside coin-door so it won't interfere with either the door opening or the coin-path, I reused the old heater wire grommet as seen under the coin mechs duck-bill & out the back door & tapped into the door wiring harness for the ballast for bottle port light, this light will stay on 24/7 while the rewired bottle port lamp is now controlled by it's push-button on/off switch & is rewired for the prieviously install self-starter shown earlier...

I know some might say why bother with adding a lamp for the sold-out window. I basically just listened & worked with the customers whimsy to bring their little vision to life & besides it's fun & not your standard repair it & shove it out the door.  

another nice thing about the 10-watt LED bulb is it produces no heat or U.V light to damage either the windows back side silk screened masking or yellow the decal over time.

now to re-insulate the door & install the replacement liner & main door gasket as well as reinstall the refrigeration & a new toe-kick panel
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 06:57:18 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2020, 12:43:30 pm »

Nice

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2020, 07:41:00 am »

Very nice JohnieG - well thought out & articulated & of course the great pics!

Jacobs 56 Restored
Vendo 81D Previous "resturbished"  - New Refurbishment in process
Vendo 81B - restoration in process
VMC Pepsi 81 - in line for restoration
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2020, 11:54:24 pm »

Very nice machine

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2020, 08:29:44 pm »

thanks for the feedback...I've been off a bit on the rebuild schedule due to work issues here's the new Funtonics liner and the replacement door & latch gaskets in place, not shown is the fresh insulation inside the main door & for the newbies remember to use the very short screws to secure the liner along the left side of the bottle door opening as the Florescent lamp is locate just on the other side & long screws will impact the lamps glass tube & shatter it or even if it doesn't break it will make it impossible to remove the lamp again.

here's a before & after shot of the old damaged original liner, and not to worry folks I also have repop labels for the new liner too.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 08:32:55 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2020, 04:49:01 pm »

Nice tip about using the shorter screws on the lamp side. I purchased a stainless steel screw set from Soda Jerk; I'll be sure and double check what screws the kit designates for this side of the liner. Each pkg of screws is labeled as to what they are for and where they go. 

Jacobs 56 Restored
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2020, 06:52:01 pm »

Nice tip about using the shorter screws on the lamp side. I purchased a stainless steel screw set from Soda Jerk; I'll be sure and double check what screws the kit designates for this side of the liner. Each pkg of screws is labeled as to what they are for and where they go. 

yeah, I learned the hard way earlier on in my quest to repair classic soda machines , I ran a self tapping 3/4" screw right into the lamp & "POOF" glass everywhere!

11 is louder than 10...
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2020, 06:08:53 pm »

I added some door-edge trim to the coindoor to help [A: dress it up a bit] & [B: prevent the newly installed sold out flags lamp from leaking light along the edge of the coindoor] be aware that you may have to adjust your coindoor latch shims one way or the other as the trim adds a bit of thickness to the gap between the coindoor & maindoor, I had to add a shim to the top & bottom latch hooks on this one.

I've cleaned & lubricated the bottle rack & added an LED light along the inside edge of the rack between it & the left side liner to help illuminate the bottles, it adds a nice touch. I first had this idea back in 2008 when I was converting a Vendo V63 from a bottle rack to a can rack & I was bugged that the thrift-vend model didn't have a bottle port light... here's the link to that discussion thread...

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,8208.0.html

OH & that box you see in the bottom of the tank? it's a old lead battery I use for a counter-weight to prevent the machine from tipping over when the main door is opened with the compressor deck removed. yep it can flop right over, been there done that ... learned my lesson

« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 06:14:52 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2020, 12:37:25 pm »

johnieG - thanks for the update! I liked the door trim idea - I'm saving this idea for my 81's. Also, it appears that you kept the fluorescent bulb in the bottle door and then added the LED's???

Jacobs 56 Restored
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: