SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 10:38:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picked up a very early Popperette  (Read 3186 times)
Stotman

« on: September 25, 2020, 08:10:58 pm »

I restored another early non coin op Popperette awhile back. This one has a coin slide. They may have been experimenting with different designs.
Stotman

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 06:05:54 am »

Here is the link to the restoration of the other Popperette I restored. This model was never intended to sit on a cabinet. It was made to sit on a counter top.

http://popperette.blogspot.com/
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 06:16:30 am »

Congrats on a nice find ! ! !
Interesting it has a "coin slide" device...  What type of design is the internal switch that would get triggered from the coin...? I only ask because the coin is oriented horizontally opposed to a vertical coin position usually present in many coin-op devices that would interact with electrical switches of some kind.
Can we assume the globe has been replaced...?  What are the two fasteners along the front on each side approx. 1 1/2" up from the bottom...?

My six cents,

Jim

Stotman

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 07:30:10 am »

Great questions Jim. The machine is on the way so I have not had a chance to go over it myself yet. I think the two lower items are lights. Here is a shot of the coin area.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: