SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 03:41:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo v-154 (H154C) first timer  (Read 3457 times)
hmiem81

« on: June 03, 2020, 08:06:20 am »

Hey all,

I just picked up this machine for what I think is a good deal for a working machine. It gets cold and with a little love to one of the coin switches on the electro mechanical CoinCo coin mechanism in takes coins and dispenses product every time. A few questions though:

1. I can't find the model number or paperwork for my current coin mech. It looks like the S75-9800 but without the circuit board and has a date stamp from 1970. Not in the market for the newer one unless this one dies on me.

2. I'm going to replace the marquee lights with LED but my door light works fine if I put a starter that is supposed to be for the marquee in the slot. I know it is suppose to have a bulb that has a similar socket as the starters but I can't find the exact bulb to use.

She has it where it counts as all I have to do is a good cleaning of the inside of the tub and she's ready to go. I'm converting back from a woodgrain model to the first version of this machine which was red and white. Good matching Krylon colors wouldn't hurt ether!

Thank you guys in advance for being here as this Mame cabinet guy gets way out of his element!

Second picture is the look I'm aiming for.
hmiem81

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 10:37:17 am »

Does anyone know about the bulb. The manual is the same for the 110 but all it shows are the original Vendo part numbers, not helpful for finding a modern bulb. It looks to be a GU10 socket but the only bulbs I can find that use those sockets are flood light bulbs that seem to be too big. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
hmiem81

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 03:46:43 pm »

Does everyone just not know much about this machine? I'd like help if I could get some.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 07:37:14 pm »

Does anyone know about the bulb. The manual is the same for the 110 but all it shows are the original Vendo part numbers, not helpful for finding a modern bulb. It looks to be a GU10 socket but the only bulbs I can find that use those sockets are flood light bulbs that seem to be too big. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

No no, it's a tube style florescence lamp. not a GU base ...   typically this big of a machine may have had two lamps for the signage ( Coca cola Marquee) ,   ( I'm guessing here) like an F20/T12 or a F17/T8  & a pair of FS2 starters
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 07:45:54 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 07:40:17 pm »

This machine is like Vendo V-90 or a V110 on steroids... but the same basic design other than the larger rack, most of the components are common to both machines, vending solenoid, coni mech, compressor deck, maybe even the shelves.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
hmiem81

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 09:00:59 pm »

I misspoke! Sorry. The bulb I am looking for is the coin door bulb. The place it goes to the right of the coin mech and it can easily take a starter but the door light starts blinking if I put a starter in it. If I put a starter in it when I turn on the machine and then remove the starter, the florescent door bulb stays lit and doesn't blink. From the manual I have it should have a bulb that shines light through the coin return door and the schematic shows that too but the only place it seems I have to put a bulb would be this twist-in GU bulb type socket that fits the starter in it. I hope that makes sense. I have the door bulb working, the marquee lights have been replaced with LEDs and the only thing I don't have is this coin door light. Sorry for the confusion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: