SMC Discussion Areas
March 19, 2024, 04:34:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Museum Quality Antique 3-Selection Cigar Vendor!  (Read 3080 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« on: April 30, 2020, 04:16:41 am »

For your consideration is a museum quality piece from the turn of the 19th century. Very, very few of these 3-Selection Cigar Vendors exchange hands!
Collectors estimate less than five are known to exist with this one possibly being the 4th example to surface in recent years!

This Cigar Vendor is listed as the "Mystery 7" in the publication Silent Salesman and still to this day, not much information has been collected about this early cigar vendor.

Unique to this example is the original rear shelf that would hold/support the cigar reels/containers (see patent photo) and appears to be manufactured from the same wood as the support wood for the vend mechanism.

Additionally, the glass panels are "rippled" glass and appear to be original to this vendor as is the patina and finishes on both wood and metal components.

The key may have been replaced some time ago but does function on both front/rear locks.

This vendor does cycle and actuate each blade cutter upon depositing a nickel into one of the three top-mounted coin entry bezels. At times during our experimentation, a nickel may have become stuck and needed help beginning the vend cycle.

Approximate Dimensions are:  27" at widest, 19" tall, at nickel slots, 19" deep at the base.

Please review the photos as they add to our description of this magnificent collector's piece!

Questions or concerns, please contact me via phone: [Jim --> 77two*834*327one]. Shipping arrangements must be made by the buyer; however, I will be traveling north via I-75 to the Dixie Gas & Oil Show in Sevierville, TN May 7 & 8 and could personally deliver.

We are offering this Antique Cigar Vendor through various resources; do not let this exceptional collector's Antique Coin-Op Cigar Vendor slip away!

Lastly, Morphy Auctions currently lists a similar four(4) selection cigar vendor from the same time period, but at a significantly higher price!

Asking $5700

Thank you for your time!

My six cents,

Jim

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 04:18:02 am »

A few additional Photos.

My six cents,

Jim

Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 11:54:11 am »

Amazing unique piece Jim!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 12:53:38 pm »

Wow, I have never seen anything like that before.  Really cool!!
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 08:46:54 am »

Great piece,  fyi I'll be at Dixie also, hoping they will have a good turnout.

Greg
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 11:21:00 am »

Great looking machine Jim.  Does it have some type of humidor set up to maintain moisture in the cigars?

Wish I had the extra cash!

drinking Tim  drinking
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: