SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 05:01:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joined Facebook  (Read 7280 times)
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 06:53:29 pm »

Coming in a little late...

Joined a while back and have frustrations finding things or better yet, returning to posts can be cumbersome... Not trying to sound biased; however, I do notice the people willing to help are far less apparent compared with SMC. For me, I fumble around and try to have fun...  Unfortunately, this is the new technology for people gathering and will eventually push Forums to the side...

COULDN'T RESIST... blush

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 07:20:42 am »

laugh biggrin laugh
COULDN'T RESIST... blush
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 12:20:52 pm »

Well.. I joined Facebook finally a few weeks back... I will say it's nothing like this site... It's cool you can "join" little sub groups like "ACL Bottle" groups that focus on ACL bottles or a "Pepsi Only" group
for Pepsi, etc. But it's the posting that gets me.. not like here... here if someone needs help or has a question someone will answer ... and usually in great detail.. this was/is such a good group/site for that.
Now - there on Facebook you ask a question... for example "My coin mech in my 39 isn't working" you will get "Here's a picture of my 39" then someone will post after that "Here's my Coke 81"
then you get "Nice 81- you restore it yourself?".. "No bought it like that a few years ago" - Ha - goes totally off the subject that never gets answered. That's all the time...

Now since folks are stranded at home bored out of their minds some have post images of their collection only to get comments like "New Crap", "That stuff is worthless", "I only collect older stuff", "Repro", etc...  I dropped out of a couple groups because of all the negative comments.... those comments hurt people's feelings... why comment like that?... then there are tons of ''Know it Alls" that guess what..  clueless on what they are talking about...

The good about Facebook... people from all over...I can be in several groups of several different interest and get notices when someone post. I see folks from here there... I enjoy the images posted...
so many great finds still out there.. online auctions... and selling going on... I've yet to find that Nichol Kola standard or even bottle opener... but it may happen.

Still come here and check in... Always will...I felt I knew folks here and knew who to ask what if I had a question... a lot of knowledge here.... I was looking through pages of archives here last week.. so many good finds and stories. Anyway hope all are well... stay safe.

Eric...you nailed it about Facebook.  Lots of blowhard vultures on there, but it does allow you to buy/sell parts without paying FeeBay their overpriced cut. Still love this site the best!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2020, 01:44:37 pm »

I'm on it, and yes it's a time sucker...

you have to take everything with a grain of salt so to speak.. yes once in a while a "Deal" pops up and sometimes you can get on it quick and score something.. but most of the time you get snubbed/sniped/criticized etc.. but it was worth the few "Deals" i've found.

I have to admit, it's been a few months since i've checked in here and thats my bad, so on this rainy afternoon.. sick of looking at Insurance policies at work, so figured i'd cruze through, catch up and say "HELLO"!

happydrinkers

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: