SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 02:40:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kind of Quiet out there  (Read 7070 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: March 21, 2020, 08:41:10 am »

How is everyone holding up so far? I wouldn't be surprised if we are sheltering in place here in Michigan by the end of the day on Monday. No inside information rather a gut feeling. What is going on in your area?

Stay safe and stay well!

drinking Tim  drinking
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 09:15:25 am »

In Phoenix , AZ, not a mandated shelter in place yet, but mandated that restaurants are for take out only - closed for inside dining. Schools are closed and a lot of people who can work from home are doing so. For myself WFH is mandated until May 1st.

Hope you all stay well & safe!

Jacobs 56 Restored
Vendo 81D Previous "resturbished"  - New Refurbishment in process
Vendo 81B - restoration in process
VMC Pepsi 81 - in line for restoration
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 10:52:09 am »

Here in Missouri, in my town, a lot of Walmart shelves are still bare they even closed a few nights (24 hour usually) to try and restock shelves... restaurants are for carryout only or delivery (pizza) no inside dining, schools are closed till April 6th at this time. No mandated quarantine yet.. but Illinois I heard is going that way? I work from home so I am not out seeing it... but seems so surreal... I know this can be /is serious.. but it shows me how unprepared we are as a nation if something hit us hard and fast... I mean toilet paper and frozen pizzas were the first to go.. wow...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 01:32:58 pm »

In California a few county's went to mandated lock downs first before the entire State went a couple of days ago. You can hardly see a difference. We still have traffic but not as bad. With so many "essential" business still open there are still plenty of places one can still shop.

Trying to stay positive and make the best of a "strange" situation. Personally I'm still working but coming home and staying home, for the most part, including this weekend. Great opportunity to detail the yard and catch up on other household projects.

Definitely worried about the economy as much as the virus, that's for sure.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 01:52:30 pm »

Definitely worried about the economy as much as the virus, that's for sure.
Agreed!  The virus is not a large population killer and very survivable; however, if our financial institutions collapses in the coming weeks, that would cripple everything ! ! !
Be safe and hang on for the ride...

My six cents,

Jim

SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 09:52:05 pm »

In North Carolina most companies are going to work from home that can.  Restaurants that are open are take out only.  Toilet paper is no where to be found.  Elementary and High Schools are all closed.  Colleges are going to online.  Had to move my son out of this dorm this weekend on short notice.  No mandatory lock down yet. 
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 10:27:10 pm »

In Ohio no lock down but no groups of more then 10 with a 6-10 foot spacing . Stores are thin on things .Restaurants are carry out only .And all schools and are closed Bars and Malls .

I know my company half the people can work from home ( I can’t )  I assemble machine’s that are used in production of most of everyone s common needs . So I’ve already been told if there’s a mandatory state look down I will  still be required to work to support the packaging machines .And have paperwork to show .

Up date !!!!!!   as of now March 22 the Governor has now said On March 23 at 11:59 PM all non essential personal will have to stay home till April 6

« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 06:29:15 pm by Ltransam » Logged

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 02:35:57 pm »

On Long Island all non-essential businesses have been ordered to close (including mine).  Schools and State parks are closed.  Restaurants are only for take out or delivery.  Governor is telling everybody to stay home unless you are going out for essentials.  Crazy stuff!

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 03:46:18 pm »

The virus is not a large population killer and very survivable; however, if our financial institutions collapses in the coming weeks, that would cripple everything ! ! !
Be safe and hang on for the ride...

This country has withstood a lot, Pearl Harbor, 911, hurricanes, earthquakes, tornado's and fires etc.
This is another one of those shockers that we and the federal government are learning how to handle.
Big money is coming to the scientists who develop a cure, and there are thousands of them around the world working on it 24/7, in fact several vaccines have already been submitted for approval.
I can understand this quarantine because it allows officials to identify the people who may be carriers, from the rest of the population.
Once those folks are separated, the rest of us can go back to work (under stricter sanitation rules of course, like restaurants spacing tables further apart etc).
And by that time there will be a huge backlog of orders of goods and services that will need to be filled and those laid off workers will be called back.
But in the mean time I think Uncle Sam and the Federal reserve could get together and do more to help people out of work for no fault of their own.
Could they allow mortgage holders, both residential and commercial to postpone up to 3 months payments, to be added to the end of their loan?
This would be a huge relief to homeowners and landlords.  Maybe auto loans and credit card payments could also be manipulated to help keep our ship upright?

In the meantime keep an eye out for those $500.00 81's to start showing up  happydrinkers

Glen
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 08:33:39 pm »

Washington State is nuts.  Basically ground zero for this virus.  Stores are jammed, shelves empty , and people literally standing in line for toilet paper ! 

Hoping it’s over soon !!!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: