SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 06:27:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinco Problems I need to Figure Out. JohnieG please help.  (Read 3988 times)
kevib71

« on: March 17, 2020, 05:50:02 pm »

Ok, JohnieG looking for help! think I got a problem, bought a few Coinco mechs online thinking I can fix them on my own (without a tester), I actually fixed one by changing out the CREMs and works perfectly. I have two that only vend when I turn on the Inventory Switch, what is up with that? All the coins go in the proper slots but will not vend unless i flip that switch. Does it need a new logic board? Thanks in advance for any help.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 04:54:43 pm »

From what you’ve  described,  the two that only have working change-inventory switches but won’t vend with coins going down the appropriate coin-switch slots probably have bad power supply filter capacitors,  some are vertical plastic cylinders marked with the voltage & size measured in microfarads (uf or ufd) or horizontal aluminum types also marked as described, these usually dry up & loose their abilities to filter out electrical noise in the system & prevent the CPU from counting the coins properly, sometimes bad “ Caps’” can also cause “ Jackpotting “ of the change tubes, dumping all of the stored nickels into the return cup.

Match the size & voltage carefully, you want to get replacements with a equal or slightly higher voltage rating, but match the microfarad size as close as possible, bigger sizes can overload the voltage regulator ( a zener diode) & cause it to fail , smaller ones won’t do a proper job. ALSO NOTE: Pay attention to which end or wire is marked “ positive “  BEFORE you remove the old one & insert the new ‘ cap with the same polarity, hopefully you have some basic soldering skills
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 04:58:06 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
kevib71

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 08:40:52 pm »

Thanks JohnieG, that was the direction I was looking for. Very much appreciate. I will follow up. Thanks again!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 06:42:17 pm »

We'll see how it goes from here.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: