SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 04:16:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 - breaker strip removal  (Read 7391 times)
66GTO
10 Cent Member

« on: January 08, 2013, 11:18:58 am »

I've got a Vendo 81b (restored), it's perfect with one exception, it has a dent in it from the previous owner in the upper left corner.  I had a paintless dent repair (PDR) guy take a look at it, and was told it could be repaired, but that he'd need to get access to the inside space between the liner and the outer body.  So, shelves are out, and it looks like I need to take the bottle stack out before the breaker strips, correct?

Also, how are the breaker strips removed without breaking them?  They are new, so should still be flexible.  I just don't know how the clips look or how they work. 

I did a search for previous discussions:  found one that might have helped, but I can not view the pictures.   http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,14332.0.html 

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:42:15 am »

The clips stay put, it's the breaker strip that moves toward the outside of the machine.

Glen
66GTO
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 11:50:47 am »

So do I just pull straight out, or do I need to tilt it one way?  It doesn't seem to want to come out.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:04:43 pm by DPC66GTO » Logged
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 12:33:50 pm »

They are S Shaped (kinda)..
so if looking at the breaker strip that was on the bottle stack side, you should be able to slide it to the left.. toward the outter cabinet and it should clear the S clip and then back out..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 03:56:04 pm »

Would like to bring this topic back up as I'm trying to understand the proper way to remove and then install these breaker strip clips shown in the picture. Does anyone have a video they can post?

Jacobs 56 Restored
Vendo 81D Previous "resturbished"  - New Refurbishment in process
Vendo 81B - restoration in process
VMC Pepsi 81 - in line for restoration
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 04:24:59 pm »

Bob,

I do not have access to a video clip of this process as my primary desktop computer is in for repairs/upgrades.
As stated, push the breaker strip toward the outside of the cabinet while keeping the clip inward with a thin metal blade. Once the two are no longer interlocked, you can then lift and slide inward the breaker strip until all the clips are separated allowing the removal of the breaker strip. Then all the clips can be removed. The upper breaker strip may be a slightly more challenging to remove opposed to the sides and bottom strips.

Hopefully helpful...

My six cents,

Jim

Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 09:44:42 am »

Hi Jim,

I did get a side strip out by doing as described. I pushed the strip out of the clip channel by pushing the strip towards the outside of the cabinet and worked my way down the strip. While working my way down, I would also let the strip come back towards the clip but not let it go inside the clip channel but rather help the strip stay on the outside of the clip.

Once the strip was out, it was easy to understand that the clips stay in place (as previously described) and then I could also see the "other" spring  inside the cabinet.

Jacobs 56 Restored
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 10:41:22 am »

Glad you were able to remove the strips!  The tricky part is re-installing without scratching replacements or repainted original strips.
As for the spring clips in the breaker strip channels along the cabinet edge, these keep pressure outward on the strip so it maintains somewhat of a seal with the edge face. Pay attention to their orientation for reinstalling!

My six cents,

Jim

Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 10:00:39 pm »

Thanks for warning me about the tricky part when putting back together......yikes! I can foresee especially when you don't want to scratch anything. A good described comment about spring clips in the breaker strip channels along the cabinet edge, their purpose (how the breakers strip is placed in front of these spring arms - to achieve that outward pressure) and their orientation. I did take pics & videos as I went along.

I had a fun day, breaking down the machine - my firsts on an H81: (already removed condenser & evaporator a few weeks back)

> removing breaker strips
> removing door
> removing bottle stack
> removing liner
> removing old insulation
> removing door hinges
> and a bunch of other little things

Took (what I hope to be) good notes, pics & videos for reassembly cuz I'm old and I'm sure the reassembly will be a challenge!

By the way, do you have any produced Tutorial DVD's that would apply for the  disassembly & re-assembly process of the H81 bottle stack?

Someone had told me to ask you as they thought the bottle stack on a different machine where a video is readily available would work for the bottle stack on the H81.

Jacobs 56 Restored
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: