SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 10:01:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier 72 - cooling issues  (Read 10430 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 09:24:58 pm »

Johnie - The model number is A30-2210-070 and then says RAD (means RANCO?)  When I search online I can only find a model number A30-2210, but nothing with the -070 at the end.  The stats I see online for this show Normal Off Temp.: 32.0°F.  Also, as suggested I disconnected the thermostat wires and wired them together and the temperature got down to 32 degrees in 25 mins.  I assume this all means I have a bad thermostat?   If that is the case will this one work at funtronics:  https://www.fun-tronicsllc.com/product/thermostat-non-contact-style/   

Thanks,
Nick
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 04:36:55 pm »

Kinda looks like it’s bad then, the Fun-tronics. Part you have listed should work fine, just make sure that the sensing capillary doesn’t touch any part of the evaporator, just “air”

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 08:10:17 pm »

The funtronics T/S you referenced senses air flow temperature, so the probe will only sense temperature coming off the upper fan motor's air flow, (no metal contac)t.
What was originally used in your 72 was a contact style T/S with the cap tube coiled up and slid inside a tube inside the evaporator. ( Look at your first pic)
 Ask Janet for the proper factory replacement.

Glen
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 11:23:51 am »

Johnie and MoonDawg - Thanks for the help.  I assume then since the one I have installed now is coiled up inside the tube in the evaporator it is the contact style.  I will get with Janet for a proper replacement. 
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 10:13:58 am »

Okay so I purchased a new thermostat from Funtroncis of the "contact" style and have had it installed for several days now.   I did not coil it up, but clipped it on the evaporator tube (see the picture).  With the temperature control at 4 it gets down to 37-38 degrees which I thought would not be cold enough, but the drinks are actually pretty cold.   I am not sure if I need to be concerned about it not getting colder at 4 or not?  This control does have a cut-in and cut-out adjustments, but for now the temp seems to be okay as for as the coldness of the drinks. 
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 10:14:58 am »

Picture of the newly installed thermostat:

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 11:08:38 am »

Set the thermostat slightly colder, say 5 or 6, and observe the lower temp change...  This may put the cooler around 34 - 35 degrees which I think is ideal...

My six cents,

Jim

SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 12:50:53 pm »

Thanks Jim, I will give that a try.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2020, 09:48:55 pm »

So the good news is turning the thermostat down to 5 has brought the temperature down to around 35/36 degrees which is perfect.   Thank you Jim for that and also thank you Johnie and Moondawg for your help.  Unfortunately now though I have another issue where water is pooling in the bottom of the tub. I cannot tell where it is coming from.  The evaporator fan sees to be working well and the compressor is cycling.  I do have a gap towards the top right of the door, but not enough to fit a piece of paper through and I also have the gasket around the inside of the cabinet.  Either way I will start to look at this now and start another thread if I have more questions...wait, who am I kidding...when  I have more questions. 
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2020, 11:37:30 am »

Condensation is normal. The 72 has a hinged cup below the drain. When moisture accumulates, the weight of that water dumps it into a mason jar below. The hinge is often dry and stuck shut. Try oiling it, removing it if necessary.

Glen
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: