SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 12:36:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 39 Coin Mech  (Read 4282 times)
kevib71

« on: December 28, 2019, 10:32:28 am »

Ok, my wife thinks I am crazy! Just bought my 3rd machine in the past two months. First thing I dived into was the coin mech. I think it is missing some parts (see pics). Does anyone sell replacement coin mechs for these machines or can refurbish? Can't find anything for sale. Also looking for a Vendo 39 manual, this is a 1953 machine. Thanks in advance!

Get Outlook for Android
kevib71

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 04:26:02 pm »

And yes I know the paint job is not right... Someone painted/converted an all red 53 Vendo to a Pepsi machine and then painted it again to the bi-color version of a 55 and beyond Vendo. I am planning on completely re-doing this machine.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 05:33:16 pm »

It appears your coin mech may be a 10 cent mech with a solid lock bar instead of the split version...
As for the slug rejector, the upper magnet is missing and there may be more, but it's difficult to clearly see with the image provided...
The "sold out" wire is in the wrong position as well...

My six cents,

Jim

kevib71

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 06:00:56 pm »

Thanks Jim! My kid told me how to shrink photos so I could attach, but the quality is not there. Yes the sold out wire is missing the plunger and thats just where I put it while i took pic. Do you know anyone who I can get a new/refurbished coin mech from? I checked fun-tronics and sodajerks and everywhere else on line but nothing popped up. Here is a pic of all three of my machines.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 08:25:31 pm »

Ok, my wife thinks I am crazy! Just bought my 3rd machine in the past two months.

There is a support group for guys like you...and you just found us! LOL happydrinkers

About your coin mechanism/slug rejector question...........    Assuming your Glasco coin mech. is complete,
it uses the same slug rejector as your V-39. Remove them and compare their parts and operation side by side       

Glen
kevib71

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 01:19:39 am »

Haha!! Thanks for the support!! I was thinking about that and will check it out, but the vendo has 2 screws oddly positioned compared to the Glasco. Just got home from wife's b day party so I will investigate in the morning. Thanks so much for the info. Us newbies rely on your experience!!
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 05:41:40 pm »

Keep buying them and we will enjoy your progress in restoring them .

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 09:06:26 pm »

There is a support group for guys like you...and you just found us! LOL happydrinkers

About your coin mechanism/slug rejector question...........    Assuming your Glasco coin mech. is complete,
it uses the same slug rejector as your V-39. Remove them and compare their parts and operation side by side       

Tgey should be pretty much interchangeable providing it’s a small-door V39... You may have to swap around one or two of the mounting /index pins ( they just unscrew like headless little bolts) along the sides of the Glasco rejector to match the same positions on the old V39 unit.  Just making sure that the new one will be retained properly in the main housing

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
kevib71

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 09:32:22 pm »

Good grief, I feel like an idiot. I did not know you could reposition those pins! Yes the Glasco one fits into the Vendo 39. Thanks for your help again! Should make it easier finding one as I was looking for only ones with the pins in the same position as the V 39's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: