SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 09:13:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CSS-64FS  (Read 4854 times)
kevib71

« on: December 08, 2019, 04:09:44 pm »

help

Hello, newbie here! I recently bought a CSS-64FS. It runs great and get very cold, however I need some help with the following issues;

1) The marquis light and the one behind the coin insert do not work. I replace the fluorescent, ballast and starter for the marquis and the bulb for the coin insert and no luck. Voltage is getting to where it should be I believe. I ordered a new starter socket thinking that might be the issue?

2) I got it to vend after messing with the Coinco S75-9800B after adjusting the rocker switches. Yesterday it stopped vending. Is it the Coinco or the solenoid?

If anyone could help I would very much appreciate!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 04:31:42 pm »

hello kevib71 & welcome to the site...

in regards to your Marquee light-up sign, make sure the starter is the correct size for the lamp you are using, dont assume that the one that was in there was correct, typically the starters have the lamp-wattage listed on themselves or their packaging (just for fun... a Marquis is a nobleman, not a sign fixture,  tounge ) oh, & as an afterthought, it could also be a bad/open neutral wire, you may have 120 volts/hot to ground but that doesn't mean you have a return path for the power.  Oo

Also the lamp behind the coin entry bezel is usually for a "use correct change"  function & will only light when the coinmech is out of sufficient change (nickels in the case of a Coinco S75-9800 A/B series)

to determine if your coinmech issue is indeed the coinmech or maybe the vend-solenoid, refer to the discussion on the Free-play switch under the coin mech section, it will show you how to test the solenoid using an insulated jumper wire between the coinmechs socket ( called the "Jones plug") pin no. 1 & 3

heres a link to a prior discussion on how the two bassic types of lamp circuits are wired... http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,22575.0.html
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 04:33:24 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
kevib71

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 06:10:07 pm »

Thanks for the info! Especially the Marquee vs. Marquis definition!! Did not even think about it when I spelled! The machine actually has a sticker on the lamp plate that states what type of bulb and starter to use for the Marquee ( biggrin). I will look into the bad/open neutral and the discussion on testing the solenoid. Thanks again!! I will let you know if i figure anything out.
kevib71

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 05:22:51 pm »

Tested solenoid using an insulated wire and it was in working order. Guess I am buying a refurbished mech.

As for the lights, I cannot figure out. Wires to "use correct change" bulb are hot when there are no nickels in the coinco, when i put about 5 nickels in they are no longer energized. I checked the wiring and it all seems good. I am not an electrician though so I will have one look it over.

Thanks for the help!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 05:56:45 pm »

Wires to "use correct change" bulb are hot when there are no nickels in the coinco,

That's the idea, so the customer doesn't get ripped off.

Glen
kevib71

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 11:08:24 pm »

Received brand new used Coinco! Works perfectly. Selling my Coinco S75-9800B on eBay.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 06:20:49 pm »

Glad you got everything working!

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: