SMC Discussion Areas
April 18, 2024, 08:28:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiring Diagram Cavalier 27  (Read 15032 times)
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« on: November 25, 2019, 09:19:26 pm »

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for  a Cavalier 27?

Thanks !
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 09:31:49 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 05:45:10 pm »

Here it is... I just rewired a C27 with a new modern compressor harness. & repaired the sold out switch mechnism.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 08:51:02 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 10:25:26 pm »

I need the diagram for the original Fridgeaire Compressor .  Been working with a few resources on a few options .  The compressor is a LOX 1212 Meter Miser like they used in a domestic fridge .

My original thought was to buy a 3-1 relay and wire C, S, R and use a newer style 4 lead compressor but it sounds like these older units don’t allow based on the relay and t stat being tied in together . Perhaps it I also change the t stat ?

The other option is to make my old wiring harness which I don’t relish doing .  I have a poor sketch of what I think might work... I’ll resize and attract shortly .  

The only thing mid picture is a hot wire for power strip which I could get a hot from either my fan or directly out of the relay box with an extra lead.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 10:33:57 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 11:24:43 pm »

Here it is... I just rewired a C27 with a new modern compressor harness. & repaired the sold out switch mechnism.

How did you tie in the on board relay did you use 3 and 1?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 05:39:46 pm »

I eliminated the original T-stat, the old start-run potential relay assy. & wired in a standard replacement vending machine wiring harness and  a 3-in-1, it simplified things quite a bit.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 08:18:22 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 07:12:32 pm »

Nicely done Johnie!

My six cents,

Jim

Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 07:45:49 pm »

I eliminated the original T-stat, the old start-run potential relay assy. & wired in a standard replacement vending machine wiring harness and  a 3-in-1, it simplified things quite a bit.

That was my original idea but i was told since the original compressor and t stat are tied together that it wouldn’t work .  
By eliminating the old t stat I assume you replaced with a new one ?  Contact or Non - Contact?  I was told by the suppliers they don’t make the evap fan motor luckily mine works .

Did you just use ring terminals for the C, S, R?  
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 07:50:37 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 08:36:19 pm »

Yes, I used a new Ranco beverage cooler/non-contact type,  also I used ring terminals on the compressor leads.  The evaporator fan is a joy to change as you have to remove the drum ‘s guts to get at it, but I have succeeded in adapting a standard unit-bearing motor in the past, fortunately,  this machine didn’t need it replaced ( plus it was an “economy” repair anyway and not a full on restoration)  getting the compressor replaced is also a chore as the whole chassis/body  must be lifted up & off in order to remove and replace it.

One more thing, use a properly sized 3-in1  (1/5Hp in this application) if you go too big, say 1/4-1/3 HP, you run a very good chance of damaging the start winding on the compressor, & then you’ll be crying.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 08:42:15 pm by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 08:51:26 pm »

Yes, I used a new Ranco beverage cooler/non-contact type,  also I used ring terminals on the compressor leads.  The evaporator fan is a joy to change as you have to remove the drum ‘s guts to get at it, but I have succeeded in adapting a standard unit-bearing motor in the past, fortunately,  this machine didn’t need it replaced ( plus it was an “economy” repair anyway and not a full on restoration)  getting the compressor replaced is also a chore as the whole chassis/body  must be lifted up & off in order to remove and replace it.

One more thing, use a properly sized 3-in1  (1/5Hp in this application) if you go too big, say 1/4-1/3 HP, you run a very good chance of damaging the start winding on the compressor, & then you’ll be crying.

I removed 2 of them this week.  I live to tell the story. I bought the Supco RC810 - 1/12-1/5.  Did you use a 3 lead so you have a hot wire to feed the terminal strip ?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 09:53:25 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 09:32:08 pm »

Nope, just the two-lead model, the replacement compressor harness has an accessory connector that supplies line voltage ( not switched) it’s just not shown in my state of the art drawing...   tounge  I just tapped onto that & wired it into the upper terminal strip to supply line voltage to the vending & sold-out circuit.

Yep that’s the pileup I remember!    Oo    Jeeze, they always look so cute & innocent on the surface, ( just like kids  laugh  ).  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 01:05:48 am by johnieG » Logged

11 is louder than 10...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: