SMC Discussion Areas
April 18, 2024, 11:49:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Fall Coin-Op Show  (Read 3027 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« on: November 17, 2019, 03:35:47 pm »

Well... made it back home.. Didn't take any photos, sorry, wish I would have, not for just this site but for myself also... hopefully someone that went did and will post and add to this
thread.
Thursday night a nice crowd showed up at the dinner... was good to see Rod and Janet, Slider Bob, John, Marvin, Joey, Leonard, Neil... several others were there just don't know all the folks.
Over all I felt the same as last year with this new place... it seemed sparse.. maybe it's due to the large building... the place is HUGE... I'm use to being shoulder to shoulder, narrow isles at
Pheasant Run once they let the crowd in... this place had tons of room, a food service area that you can sit, take a break, get something to eat and people watch... Many vendors I remember
weren't there again this year. But I've been going for nearly 25 year (wow... I'm getting old) and I'm sure many vendors have retired or have moved on to other things or shows.
round tops were few.. but there was a nice Jacobs 26 for $1000 that sold, a nice original Pepsi 81 for $4500... not sure if he got his price but it was marked sold later on in the day (Friday)
....tons of nice signs, jukes and slots as always just not as many.

The outside vendors  numbers was down to one row of 20+-?.. But Joey was there with a trailer load.. he was suppose to be selling but I think he left with more than what he came with...
He always had tons of stuff... Rod and Janet were also there set up outside...

I am always impressed on what people have found and bring to the shows. So many great collectors out there... so many hunt this stuff, wheel and deal, buy it, haul it home, go through it, clean it, fix it, price it, then pack it all back up, drag it half way across the country, pay the fees, unload it, set up... and sit for hours and listen to people critique it.
To all the vendors that may read this "thank you" for all the time and effort you put into this hobby.

What I personally don't like about this show is the time of year... Just tired of the cold.... also how this is set up now... they have the outside vendors pay to set up then they charge the customer $25 to walk around outside... $50 if you want to also go inside...  at Pheasant Run's show the outside was free... you could walk around and hunt. I'm cheap... I like free and I liked walking around hunting for treasures. I take time off, I drive hours to get there, (and now with this location I pay tolls), I pay the entry fee for the show.. how about throwing me a bone and let me walk the parking lot for free... I'd rather put that $25 in vendors pockets for something I traveled all this way to find in the first place.

I hear there will be a show at Pheasant Run again next year in August by another group... August=warm... and maybe Pheasant Run will = free outside...time will tell.

Here are my buys from this trip.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 06:47:30 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 07:41:58 pm »

Thanks for the update Eric!
I wish I was there but 2 kids in hockey  and coaching one of them doesn't allow me the freedom anymore.

Nice to see that there are still good original Quikolds out there!
WHats was the going rate for it (If you don't mind sharing that info Shocked)

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 07:46:57 pm »

Nice Quikold Cooler ! ! !
Thanks for your take on the show! I heard the outside vendor participation was way down...

My six cents,

Jim

mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 12:50:28 am »

Thanks for the update. Never been, being a CA guy I don't do cold and not a fan of flying. God willing maybe when I retire I'll drive there.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 05:24:49 pm »

thanks for the info Eric.  That Dr Wells standard might be the coolest non-embossed Quikold I've seen! great patina

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 05:18:04 pm »

Thanks for the update, sounded like an over all decent show.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest