SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 09:26:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal 55 Lid Seal Question  (Read 3860 times)
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« on: August 24, 2019, 12:45:49 pm »

Being my first Ideal 55 restoration am curious which lid seal you've found to be best fit. The 4 piece or one piece seals or are they both good fits ? Thanks for the help.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 12:55:33 pm »

A one piece gasket must simply be the 4 pieces glued together in the corners. Harder to install but would surely look better when done.

Glen
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 01:09:02 pm »

Simply put, yes you would be correct. The 4 piece would give you a little play on fit where the one piece may not and have found one piece seals in the streetrod biz isnt always best. Would much rather have one piece but would like some input from some who may have used both in the past.
James_Douglas

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 06:49:29 pm »

I thought I would bring up this old thread rather than start a new one...

I purchased one of the lid gaskets from one of the usual suspects and the they could not even bother to cut the ends at a true 45 degree angle, the things fit like crap.

If was under and I have gaps in the corners even with the steel part.

If any goes to buy them, tell the vendor that if they show up and a square or protractor does not show them to be at a 45, that they will go back on the vendors dime.

Better to send them not cut and long and allow the customer to cut it.

James.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: