SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 08:18:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V 63 8 Oz coke bottles  (Read 13826 times)
goob

« on: August 14, 2019, 10:46:52 pm »

HI thanks for all the prior help. Will the 8 Oz bottles of coke work in this machine? I have tried and it looks like they are to small diameter.  I adjusted the shelf to the highest of the three holes in the stack, and it still won't vend.  If I put bigger bottles on that shelf, all is good.  Thanks!
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 09:33:40 pm »

They should. I use them in mine.

I’m not sure what you mean by too small diameter? I’ve had bottles that are too large of a diameter, but not too small.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
goob

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 11:18:18 pm »

Thanks will have to try them in a different shelf.  The 8 oz glass bottles that I bought are much smaller than even the the plastic ones. I will have to get my manual out for the art name, but the bottles roll under the bar that resets th gate, so it stays locked.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 05:37:51 pm »

Hmm....I own a V63 & VF56 & never has trouble with the new style bottles, only in machines with vertical columns stacks like a V44, V80, etc.

Raise the floor of the bottle port(s) there are holes & rods that will either raise or lower the "floor" of the vending port(s) in relation to the gate/roller for that selection/shelf  the larger the bottles diameter, the lower the "floor" needs to be (and visa versa)

some of the ports however have a threaded rod & a lock-nut holding them in place because these are the "keystone" positions that hold the rack together, they can be adjusted also, but only do one at a time or your rack may fall apart...  tounge

there's usually an instruction label on the inside of the door to show how to adjust the shelves & ports for varius sized bottles.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:46:08 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 12:38:45 pm »

I use them in my C96

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
goob

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 11:28:54 pm »

I raised the floor rod to the highest hole, and that didn't help.  Looks like I will have to try them in different slots.  Might be something wrong with that row.
goob

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 12:15:08 am »

Here is a better explanation. On the top shelf, I have the small bottles, all other shelves work.  The gate is angled to the back of the case, and if I pull it forward with my fibers it will let a bottle come out after ya put your quarters in. When you pull the bottle out, the new bottle is small enough to go under the bock in bar. I thought that was the problem.  In looking at the manual diagram, I think a sing probably at the back of the stack may have broken, or maybe there is something wrong  with the gate lever. Gonna have to find time to pull the stack.  Good thing 6 shelves still work!!!
goob

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 11:05:07 pm »

I moved the bottles to different vending ports, moved the shelf floors up to the highest of the tree holes and still have problems with the 8 oz glass bottles, but none other.  The gate does not return forward and looks like the bottles roll under the gate bar.  So I think per the manual, maybe too much tension on the lock spring, but that doesn't make sense because all other bottle sizes work, or maybe the whole stack needs to be pulled, cleaned and greased.  That will be a project when the weather gets a little worse out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: