SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 09:28:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 41 Master Wet Survivor ????  (Read 4227 times)
iain42

41master

« on: August 12, 2019, 11:22:56 pm »

So I bought a coca cola cooler a few years ago sight unseen from a family friend. This is my first machine and definately first wet. The wiring was fubar. I build hifi tube amps for fun so the rewire part was no problem. The amazing thing is this dam rusty thing actually started up the fan spun and the agitator even worked.. It was noisey so I oiled the fan and that helped. I let it run for a while and that also helped. I got home today at 5pm turned it on it was really hot out but I put water in 85 degrees but by 10pm the water was 41 degrees. Decent performance??

I like it the way it looks and am not interested in a new looking machine. This will go perfet with my tiki bar. I don't have a long list of issues.
The lids are rusted along the botom of each lid. Metal work? Options?
I need to find a bottle opener which should not be hard has to be one at an antique store are around here.
The cap catcher that came with it is an original one but not to this machine would love to trade?
Beyond rewire is there any maintenance I need to do to the motor or fan or compressor?
Thermostat not sure if it is functional will find out this weekend.

I'll try to attach some pics.

Any advice appreciated.
iain

iain42

41master

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 11:33:01 pm »

Here is a pic of cap catcher and the motor...
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 03:29:32 pm »

Welcome.. kinda quiet around here... but folks check in from time to time... For new lids check out Funtronics - www.fun-tronicsllc.com
Talk with Janet or Rod... great folks.
Watch eBay for a cap catcher.. they pop up... even original lids show up as you probably know just may take some time.
till then enjoy it as it is.
Best of Luck!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
iain42

41master

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 06:43:14 pm »

Welcome.. kinda quiet around here... but folks check in from time to time... For new lids check out Funtronics - www.fun-tronicsllc.com
Talk with Janet or Rod... great folks.
Watch eBay for a cap catcher.. they pop up... even original lids show up as you probably know just may take some time.
till then enjoy it as it is.
Best of Luck!

Thanks Eric giving the cooler a good test by the pool this weekend.

I guess I should just sell my cap catcher on ebay and get a repro and pay my friend to make it look old. Lot of effort but I don't like new.

I will cap an eye out for original cap catcher. Should I be looking on a site other than ebay.

Thanks
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 09:39:09 am »

I wouldn't buy a repro if that's not what you want just save the money and wait for the real deal one will pop up on eBay Put the word out on Facebook
and www.oldgas.com (gas and oil site) folks there come across this stuff too... one will come along... I'm sure some of the guys here will watch for
you too as I will... If I come across one I'll let you know.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
iain42

41master

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 02:48:33 pm »

Thank you for the solid advice.

iain42

41master

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 04:49:45 pm »

It is a miracle the thermostat is fine. Once the water got to temp 32-36 the thermostat turned off the moter and back on to keep it cold. They certainly do not make them like this anymore.
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 05:28:12 pm »

Great to see someone using an old wet cooler , I have just riveted some flat stainless over the bad bottom of doors in the past . I don’t know of any other quick fix unless you buy some doors .

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
iain42

41master

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 01:46:42 pm »

Great to see someone using an old wet cooler , I have just riveted some flat stainless over the bad bottom of doors in the past . I don’t know of any other quick fix unless you buy some doors .

I like the wet cooler it is fun. I cut out the bad sections put some foam in cut to level. Then I did some bondo. A friend is a faux painter will make it look like the rest of the cooler. This isn't a new cooler. I want it to look old, crusty, show its years, and show it still works 8-)...
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 09:40:04 pm »

I have an old Master we use for family get together's. We love it as you can drop a couple watermelons or a couple cases of sodas into it for the kido's.  My lids are in bad shape and need to get replaced but I was able to find a nice original cap catcher on ebay for it with out breaking the bank. fires up every time.

~ Bryan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: