SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 08:33:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal 55 Question  (Read 2400 times)
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« on: July 23, 2019, 09:05:16 am »

Have restored several upright machines but now working on first Ideal 55. Have a question on taking cooling box out to clean, paint and install new insulation. Have looked at several posts on topic but am still not clear on process.
First...how to remove rivets for strips ? Would like to save them if possible.
Next..Do you move compressor and entire cooling system up just enough to give you room to remove cooling coils from side of box or do you remove entire system along with box and then remove coils from exterior wall of cooling box ? Thanks for any help.
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 10:51:25 pm »

Hope slider Bob will give you some good tips but as I stated in other post I would not take it apart without changing coils around tank . If your breaker strips are held in with rivet you have to drill them out you can’t reuse rivet.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 12:22:13 pm »

I told you how to remove the liner in one of your FB group posts ??  As Jeff stated you’ll have to drill out the existing rivets on the breaker strips.  If your careful you can paint and re use them .
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 03:26:36 pm »

There is no reason to drill out the rivets when removing the liner but I would highly discourage pulling an Ideal liner if not absolutely necessary.
 It's not nearly as easy as removing the liner from an upright machine.

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: