SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 04:12:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cav 72 - vending issues  (Read 9417 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 02:18:09 pm »

Glad to hear you resolved part of the problem!  As for the solenoid, as suggested, remove and bench test with 120v to ensure it is working properly. Also, wouldn't hurt to spray a little silicone on the moving part; nothing else! No WD-40, lithium or anything else; just silicone.

My six cents,

Jim

SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 02:49:23 pm »

Thanks Jim, never really bench tested something before so this could be interesting.  Would it help if I tested to ensure the coin mech is not the problem by doing the jump test on pins 1 & 3 of the jones plug.  Thanks, Jim.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 04:13:03 pm »

I was able to remove the solenoid, but I have never bench tested anything and am not sure where to start.  I have a multi meter and have tested things for like resistance and current, but never bench tested anything or tried to simulate 120v.  I will ask around locally to see if anyone can help me.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2019, 07:34:01 pm »

So I might have figured this out and I think the solenoid is bad.  I forgot I still had the original solenoid which was working perfectly before I took it off.  So I installed it by just electrical taping the original to the new wiring and it worked multiple times.  I am not sure what happened with the brand new replacement as it was trying to work before it stopped, but who knows.  I will go ahead and get another one and hopefully that will work. 
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2019, 07:55:19 pm »

In this case, as you have already done, remove the solenoid and in a safe manner, briefly apply 120v to the two terminals while observing the performance of the action...  Unfortunate, the new solenoid is malfunctioning.

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: