SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 07:12:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How about a Clock pic  (Read 3343 times)
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« on: May 06, 2019, 12:26:01 am »

Hasn't been a lot of pics lately so I thought I would post a pic of a new clock I picked up this morning.  Saw it on a facebook post for an antique store about two hours away and thought i would go out and buy my own birthday present a little early.  It needed a cleaning and I had to take the motor apart to get it working, but it is now lit up and running like a top.  Unique design from late 40's.  It's a beer clock instead of a soda clock, but I suspect most on the board are open to having an alternative beverage on the weekends.  happydrinkers  I have a soda clock I picked up a couple years ago that is the same design.  Included a pic of it too.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 11:37:51 am »

Nice present for yourself... I need to do that.. That first clock.. did you get that In Rosebud, MO at Glen's auction?

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 11:11:10 pm »

That's quite a memory you got there.  I did get it in Rosebud.  Glass was broken so it is repaired.  Still presents nicely.  That was a great auction, wish I had come better prepared, there were several items there that I regret not coming home with.  The pic above was the clock right after I came home and put the pieces together.  Here is one with it cleaned up and the glass "repaired".  Still has a visible crack but looks a lot better.  That auction had a stoner that I still kick myself for not bidding on.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:40:31 pm by BrianS » Logged

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 12:54:17 pm »

Ha.. I know I watched the stoner and cigarette machine go for cheap...Glen was the original American Picker of this area... man you should have known him
30 years ago... his barns were full of pumps, coolers and signs... it was about 25 years ago I remember he offered me a Wayne 60 clock face and Tokheim 300 for $150!!! darn
HaHAHaha..... I thought who would want a gas pump.. I was solely into Coca-Cola... no other brand ... nothing else... If I could only go back  down
Bet he had between 30-40 of the big double sided porcelain gas station signs leaning together in the one big barn at the auction... All gone now. He was an awesome old school
wheeler dealer.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 08:08:29 am by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 08:03:14 am »

Wow that’s a great clock , congratulations

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 10:59:43 pm »

Thanks, I don't have a huge collection but it is definitely my favorite clock.  I love that it still somehow has the original hanger on the back of it.  Plus Griesedieck was a local brand so there is a some local history attached to it as well.  Price was great, I guess because the motor was not working, but you can still get replacement motors and a little TLC got the original motor spinning again.  I really like these old clocks, too bad there are so many repops out there.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:04:03 pm by BrianS » Logged

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks