SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 04:29:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Area Coin-Op Show(s)  (Read 4277 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« on: March 30, 2019, 05:35:48 am »

Anyone that may have attended the Chicagoland Coin-op Show or the other show, the new Windy City Show, and have photos or a review of how the show is going for those of us unable to attend...?

My six cents,

Jim

Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 05:42:19 pm »

Any pics... stories...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 09:52:30 pm »

Anyone... anyone go to either show or both?... good... bad... compare the two?
Hope folks here found deals...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 07:51:28 pm »

Pat Pixley went, he bought a couple nice signs & a buddy of his bought an original spinner clock, but he said it was somewhat disappointing , he wanted to go up to another show to the north of Chicago ( I forgot the name of it he told me) they wanted $75 to enter ( not even for parking) & just walk around, he told them that they could stuff it

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 10:26:42 am »

I was at the original Coin Op show in Grayslake. The attendance was down a little. The outside Friday dealers were way down. I think the other show took a few dealers plus Round top at Texas was going on. The spring show is always down. I heard the other show was more like a flea market except the cash register guys were all set up there. I bought a few items that are keepers for me. My sells were good and I was well pleased with my sells. Sorry I didn't take pictures.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 09:08:13 am »

I too attended the Chicagoland Show once again, this time we did not set up as Friday outside vendors just due to scheduling of friend who usually brings a lot of stuff down..
so yes the outside vendors where down, but at one point I was talking with 2 others plus ourselves who didn't set up , so there where 3 right there and we all agreed now that they moved us Friday only vendors to the front it We WILL be back in the fall.

they did charge $25.00 to walk around just outside only and if you wanted to go inside then it was a $50.00  (NOT $75.00) but then you had a pass for all weekend as well with the $50.00 ticket. 

I didn't agree that they charged for the outside portion as I am already paying to be there to sell, so didn't think it was fair that they charged my potential customers to buy from me on top of my fee?  but that fell on deaf ears.

Fall will be interesting as the two shows will be on different dates this time? so not sure what that will do to dealers as most cant afford the time or $$ to set up at both.. .but hopefully attendance will be up.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Ross
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 04:18:04 pm »

I attended both shows.  The Chicagoland show was by far the better of the shows.  It had better vendors, and a better facility.  The number selling outside was disappointing.  Hopefully, it will be back up next fall.  The Windy City show was more like a flea market.  A fair amount of lower end items.  Also, many items that didn't fit the coin-op category.   I will be back to the Chicagoland show.  I will not make a special trip to the Windy City show.  I would attend the Windy City if I was already in town.  Basically, I was not impressed by the Windy City show.

Westinghouse WE-6
Vendo V-110
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 10:25:05 am »

I went to the show but I didn’t go inside. I just hooked up with someone who delivered something I bought off of Ebay. I am also disappointed that they want to charge me $25.00 to walk through the parking lot. I prefer the set up at Pheasant Run better. I also wrote to the show promoters about the price of the parking lot. They didn’t care about my opinion. I don’t believe I ever bought anything in the parking lot in the twenty or more years I’ve been going. I just like to walk and look at the items. I don’t really want to go to the show anymore because they took the fun out of it, at least for me. I went to both of the Grayslake shows and. I did go inside the first time. I am happier shopping on Craigslist instead d of going to that show. I don’t believe there are any deals at the show anymore. Just the same overpriced vendors.  Everything is marked up. I like the pre Ebay years at the pheasant Run show. That was the place to be. Deals everywhere and most items weren’t restored or pricey. Too bad I was broke during those years.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: