SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 04:20:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1960 V63 refurbish  (Read 6738 times)
goob

« on: March 22, 2019, 11:56:34 pm »

So there is a bit of a story with this machine. It sat in my dads Mobil serivce station from the early 70's to 1988 when he retired and we closed.  It sat for about 30 years, and i am now getting it going again to cool some beers. I am not restoring it because i like the patina of the old machine. In removing the price stickers, it looks like there is a 15 cent and 20 cent under there.  A big thanks to Johnie, moondog, and Jim for their advice on the cooling deck.
kdog
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 03:31:46 am »

Good move not restoring and keeping the patina.  When I bought my V56 squaretop, I  didn't get it restored either, as the machines I grew up using all had signs of use, and the patina as long as its not outright damage just adds character you would loose if fully restored.
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 12:44:53 pm »

Yes, Thank you for not restoring it, would be a shame.

Most likely there is a light bulb behind the plexiglass front and on the top of the bottle door. Just a FYI in case you didn't know.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
goob

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 09:25:11 pm »

Thanks yea the light works, the vari price 50, spits things out when 2 quarters are put in.  All is good.  The main door was tweaked when someone tried to break into it, and i didnt realize how bad.  I put some 1/4 inch weather strip in and seems to seal tight.  I am waiting for the new wiring harness, 60 year old wores make me nervous!  Then i am gonna fire it up again before I have it recharged.  The only thing i will probably paint is the liner below the evaporator, as it is rusting a bit.  Fun stuff with so e family history.
goob

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 09:59:58 am »

Got the new wiring harness, question about the thermostat capillary.  I think i have read the tip should nbe in the airflow of the evap fan. Mine was clamped to the side of the sheet metal shroud. Does it need a clamp or wire tie, or can the capillary be loose.  Could that be the reason the evap would freeze up when run when it was in service? We had to trun it off overnight to defrost it, dont remember how often.
goob

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 10:11:24 pm »

Need a little help. Is this nut free or is it welded or attached to the mount?  I dont want to use an impact wrench to try and break one corner loose that the caster stud broke.  Thanks
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 06:07:45 am »

If that is for the leg levelers, it is welded into place for the leg leveler shaft to thread into this weld nut.

My six cents,

Jim

goob

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 06:26:01 am »

Thanks Jim, that is what i thought.  I have one caster that broke off 40 or so years ago and i cant get the stud out as it is very rusted andd gunked up.  Looks like drilling it out will be the option for me.
goob

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 04:55:28 pm »

Cleaned up and running.
goob

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 04:56:18 pm »

And the pic
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: