SMC Discussion Areas
April 20, 2024, 06:29:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke bottle size/Vendo 81 bottle slide questions  (Read 2898 times)
sdebol

« on: February 19, 2019, 08:23:49 pm »

Hello:

I'm currently using the little 8 oz Coke/Sprite/Diet Coke bottles in my Vendo 81 but they don't work as well as the larger 12 oz bottles I have for other flavors.  Do you all find the bottle slide guides on the shelves help with these small bottles?  I have all the parts for the slide guides but they weren't installed when I obtained the machine and I never put them on.

Also, I did find larger Coke bottles (I think they are Mexican Coke bottles) but they turned out to be a little too long to roll into place after vending a bottle.  It seems like lots of people describe their use on the forums but I don't think there's anything left more to adjust on my shelves (already in largest settings).  Any comments?

Thanks!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 09:50:06 pm »

Hello & welcome to the site...

I’ve used the small/8-oz. size Coke bottles with no problems in Vendo V81’s  with the reproduced shelves without the sliders,  you just have to adjust the shelf forward enough so that the crown of the bottle clears the edge  of the gate/portal. The  only time I’ve run into vending problems on customers V 81’s & 56’s is when the shelf isn’t seating on the edge of it’s matching port. Or the machine isn’t level & plumb.  It’s a gravity fed machine so there’s little to go wrong, unless a shelf is warped or something twisted with the ports floor itself.

BTW where did you get the Oso grape?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
sdebol

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 12:23:44 am »

Hello & welcome to the site...

I’ve used the small/8-oz. size Coke bottles with no problems in Vendo V81’s  with the reproduced shelves without the sliders,  you just have to adjust the shelf forward enough so that the crown of the bottle clears the edge  of the gate/portal. The  only time I’ve run into vending problems on customers V 81’s & 56’s is when the shelf isn’t seating on the edge of it’s matching port. Or the machine isn’t level & plumb.  It’s a gravity fed machine so there’s little to go wrong, unless a shelf is warped or something twisted with the ports floor itself.

BTW where did you get the Oso grape?

Thanks for the welcome!—so happy to have access to all this info and expertise!

I have the shelves adjusted forward and seated properly.  Will check the level of the machine.  Even though they are small bottles, I notice the bottom of the bottle kind of catches as I pull it out—even though bigger ones do not.  Any idea what this means?

I live in the Minneapolis area and buy the Oso grape (and other craft sodas) at Lunds/Byerlys grocery stores in the area.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 02:58:52 pm by sdebol » Logged
sdebol

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 12:26:08 am »

Also—is there any advantage to the reproduction shelves over original shelves if I’m not using the sliders?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 01:15:06 pm »

Shelves are shelves, most prefer the original style. Functionally they are identical,  

You could try to adjust the bottle gate opening ( raise or lower the floor/vending shelf of the port.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 01:16:37 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: