SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 06:52:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 - any tips for replacing levelers/casters?  (Read 3478 times)
sdebol

« on: February 07, 2019, 05:11:43 pm »

My Vendo 81 currently has 3" casters on it and I would like to replace them with 2" casters so they're less noticeable.  I considered switching to levelers but the casters are handy from time to time.

Any tips to make the replacement easier that aren't immediately obvious?--I'm mostly wondering how difficult the right rear one will be to replace.

Thanks very much!
Steve
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 06:01:16 pm »

Get rid of casters entirely and use leg levelers. 
        As the name implies, you want to adjust the machine to 'level' because it has a sloped floor directing condensation down to the drain.
        Instantly your machine will appear much smaller, plus you can always keep a $30.00 2 wheel dolly handy in case you need it from time to time.

Glen
sdebol

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 07:23:19 pm »

Get rid of casters entirely and use leg levelers. 
        As the name implies, you want to adjust the machine to 'level' because it has a sloped floor directing condensation down to the drain.
        Instantly your machine will appear much smaller, plus you can always keep a $30.00 2 wheel dolly handy in case you need it from time to time.

Ha!  I thought I was finally at piece with that decision and now you’ve got me doubting it again!  Either way, is it difficult to swap the right rear one?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 11:21:26 am »

They all get rusty down there, don't hesitate to take a hack saw to them.

Glen
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 12:31:30 pm »

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,16896.0.html

Zach
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 03:48:37 pm »

Casters are dangerous! Seriously the machine wasn't designed for them, it could tip over given the right circumstances. I would never sell a machine to a customer that had casters due to the liability, leg lever's are the only way to go and you can put felt pads on them so they don't scratch your floor.
sdebol

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 04:26:18 pm »

Appreciate the feedback and the link!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: