SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 01:08:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: choice vend 7 years later...........  (Read 3002 times)
blownmach

« on: January 12, 2019, 03:31:09 pm »

Well 7 years later Choice Vend finally stopped cooling.     Im thinking the unit froze up from low freon and now it wont cool at all.  looking for new thermostat, will any brand work that is a contact thermostat?   Had a local refrigerant co. clean and refill the freon 7 years ago so i guess it had a good run, should i remove unit again and have them service or send it to Global Compressors? Thanks For any advice                                                                                                                                                         
blownmach

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 08:19:44 pm »

I took the thermostat apart and filed the points and adjusted the in/out screws to get the contacts to get the thermostat to cycle in glasses of water 32 to 45 degrees, so see if it works in the machine when i get the Freon filled.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 11:21:36 pm »

Sounds like you’ve got a handle on it, but you should have your refrigeration guy put some stop-leak with a UV dye to fix your slow leak so you don’t have to keep “ topping it off “ ( which is against EPA regulations)

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
blownmach

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 12:28:42 pm »

Thanks for the info JohnieG, we have had this machine since 1987 and 7 years ago was the first time it has ever been worked on, tried loading a pic of the freeing of the coil in the top right corner, put the top shelf back in to circulate the air to see if it helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: