SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 03:27:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: flip top beer brewing bottles? uss 12-96  (Read 2151 times)
sh0rtlife

« on: February 03, 2019, 11:21:47 pm »

looking to see if anyone has found a flip top bottle that fits a caviler uss model, my wife brews her own and loves using the machine so im on a hunt for a batch of flip top AKA Grolsch top bottles  that will fit

as it stands ive come "close" but would require custom shelves to drop a couple of them 1/2 inch , hoping someones allready found something that fits...a 3inch bottle wont fit without custom shelves
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 12:30:17 pm »

I have run a lot of different types of bottles, cans and even plastic through my USS-64.  Never tried a Grolsch bottle.  I would think those might be too wide to get through the vend gate into the vending area.  I home brew as well and just use 12 oz bottles with a manual crowner.  I know that is a lot more work though. Good luck and please post back if you find something or if the Grolsch bottles work.

drinking Tim drinking
sh0rtlife

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 04:06:43 pm »

will do, i think ive found a couple i may try off amazon since if they dont i can easily return them...

from what ive seen on the uss model is the "gate" is only an issue if you want to vend "tall cans" due to the neck catch...which is why im on a hunt for someone parting out a stack so i can get a couple gates....so i can rip out the neck catch on a couple

as far as "fat" bottles n cans if some shelves were modified so that the stack accepted the shelves or the shelves sat on the stack 1/4-1/2inch down from where they are all 3inch bottles would fit and vend..the gates themselves with shelves removed seem to vend the 3inch just fine in my testing...

if i havnt found shelves by summer or some gates i will makes shelves from scratch and likely cut up 2 of the machines original gates..dont want to but just about giving up on finding them
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: