SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 06:26:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Pepsi Product in Glass 12 oz bottles  (Read 4724 times)
TheDave

« on: September 26, 2018, 10:30:50 am »

Well I finally found my own Pepsi Machine.  It is a Vendorlator VF56PB-K machine and to me in great shape.  However I am having problems finding Pepsi products in glass bottles.  I can find Coke with no problem but who wants Coke in a Pepsi machine.  Any suggestions or options?  Also the machine has a sticker showing the cost at 15 cents.  However my machine works with just a dime, unlocking the bottle stack.  Thoughts on this as well.

Regards,
David.

Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 11:27:12 am »

Pepsi does have glass bottles also Mt. Dew... They are here in Missouri anyway... they are in long neck glass beer bottles like most sodas...
Also will plug my company orcabeverage.com we sell glass bottles soda.. find them in World Market, Cracker Barrel, Albertson's, TJ Maxx
lot's of great soda's out there in glass bottles were are you located State wise?

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 11:44:05 am »

In Michigan, I have seen Pepsi and Mountain Dew in 12 oz glass.  Check your local supermarkets.  I have seen it in the normal soda area but also in the "International Food" aisle because this is typically shipped in from Mexico.  Sam's Club and Costco sometimes have it as well.

On the sticker, check Fun-tronics as they probably have one that would indicate 10 cents.

drinking Tim drinking
TheDave

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 01:46:29 pm »

Thanks, I am located in Chicago suburbs in Saint Charles IL.  I have found 4 packs of Pepsi at Caputo's but was looking for a better deal on quantity.
Thanks Eric, I will have to check out your company and order some of the product.  Reminds me of back in the day when we would go to the warehouse and each pick out 4 different types of soda for the wooden crate each week. 
Tim, I had looked but the stickers available are not the same style as what is on my machine.  Not familiar enough with coin mechanisms to know if it is just a setting to change it.  I prefer the 10 cents as it is just one coin for ease of use.

Regards,
David
sh0rtlife

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 12:35:48 pm »

"if" your willing to do the leg work you can get ahold of your local distributor and buy direct, but youll likely have to buy a minimum of 5 cases at a time but the cost is typicaly CONSIDERABLY reduced, i know when i built the gamer bus for a friend we were picking up CASES of bawls for something around 6$ for a full case but had to buy 5 minimum at a time or they wouldnt bother selling to us at all

depending on the coin mech(if you get a part number or pic) most of the guys here can walk you thru changing the price if it bugs ya...mine says 50 cents, was actualy set at 1.50 i have it set for .05...its as simple as flipin some tiny switches
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 12:59:10 pm »

Mexican Pepsi is sold here in CA. It's everywhere. Supermarkets have them 10/$10. Non Mexican version also in a nice 4 pack, $4.99. These are all 12oz bottles.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 04:07:03 pm »

Try Jewel. Marianos, or Meijer.  I have seen the Pepsi and Mountain Dew there.  You will probably pay the premium price.  Jewel has sales sometimes.  I also seen them at little Greek ma and pa stores like the Produce Center.  By the way, I'm in Chicago.  

You can try local shops by you.  Walmart may have them.  Costco had them years ago, but I haven't seen them carry Pepsi bottles in years, but I also haven't looked for them either.  Another odd place you can try is the Mexican hot dog vendors in Home Depot.  I had the guy order me a case of the Mexican Squirt before.  See who sells the hot dogs at your Home Depot.  They can probably hook you up.

The major stores sell so called "sugar" pop, but I don't believe it is cane sugar.  I would shoot for the Mexican Pepsi.  Check out some Mexican grocery store or the hot dog vendor at Home Depot.  Are there any Mexican grocery stores in Elgin?  
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 04:14:21 pm by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 10:45:53 pm »

We still have small drink Coca Cola bottles in Ga , sprite , coke , Diet Coke , Dr Pepper

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 09:41:53 pm »

Welcome to the Forum!
Going to pay a bunch to buy bottled with shipping very bad. A fun alternative is to find bottles you like and fill them at home. The local home beer brew place will have all you need sanitize/cap and such. For me that lasted a couple of years then converted the machine to cans:-). Any questions just ask!
Creighton

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: