SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 04:45:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you missing out on the coolest feature of the Cavalier 72?  (Read 3010 times)
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« on: November 25, 2018, 02:21:39 pm »

My favorite part of the Cavalier 72 is the Have a Coke lens that lights after you insert sufficient change into the machine.  The original lens had two decals on the back.  The first decal contained all of the red parts.  The second decal went over the top of everything and was white.  When lit, you could clearly read the words "Have a Coke".  The replacement lens sold had a one part water decal that just looks like a red ball when lit.
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 02:35:17 pm »

Back in the 1990's when I restored my first Cavalier 72, I had decals made to make my Have a Coke lens more like the original.  I didn't want to use the replacement decal because it is in one layer and just looks like a red ball when lit.  I wanted to be able to read "Have a Coke" when the light was lit.  First, I bought the replacement lens and removed the water release decal.  Next, I had vinyl decals made to install on the back of the lens.  The first decal was red and was cut out where the words "Have a Coke" appear.  The second decal was white and went over the top of everything.  Attached are pictures showing the decals before and after installation.
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 02:40:18 pm »

Here are pictures of my Have a Coke lens installed in my Cavalier 72 when unlit and lit.  Another neat thing I've found is they now make LED lights that work in the sockets of these machines.  They don't give off all of the heat of the original incandescent bulbs, use less energy, and give off a brighter white instead of the yellowish tint of the incandescent bulbs.  As a result, the Have a Coke letters are enhanced.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 04:32:49 pm by vendo81d » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 04:04:01 pm »

Interesting, thanks for the clarification. 

Glen
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 04:36:52 pm »

Very Nice improvement !  Thanks for sharing ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: