SMC Discussion Areas
April 25, 2024, 11:38:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Here with a AUSTRALIAN Coke Vendo 56 Square-Top Machine  (Read 8574 times)
kdog
5 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 03:22:02 pm »

One thing that just occurred to me.  Is the fan supposed to blow air through the condenser fins past the receiver, or suck air though the fins and up out the top/back of the condenser unit?

vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 08:33:15 pm »

It sucks air towards the fins and out the back.  If you hold a piece of paper in front of the condenser, it should pull it towards the fins.
kdog
5 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 10:00:39 pm »

Ok awesome.  It  makes sense.  Get plenty of air out the back, but the fins need a better clean with can of air.

Oh, how do you lubricate the fan inside  the evaporator? It's squeaking  a bit.  If i remove the shelves, i should be able to access it.

EDIT:  Ok, it seems I kept confusing condenser and evaporator as the same thing.  I though everything in the compressor bay was the compressor, but the condenser is whats in front.  Man I feel stupid.

Does anyone have a manual for a Vendorlator 56 squaretop.  I know I call this a Vendo 56, but it looks so much like a Vendorlator that Vendo just badged as a Vendo 56 here in Australia.

I just want to see a manual to see if the interior parts match, as a Vendo HA56C manual I have doesn't exactly match.

So yeah, again, what is the best way to lubricate the EVAPORATOR fan?  I don't think I can get the cover off, so will have to lube in-situ.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:58:22 am by kdog » Logged
kdog
5 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 07:33:51 am »

BEFORE CLEANING

AFTER CLEANING

vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 08:19:13 pm »

I personally would just replace the evaporator fan motor.  They are sealed units and I'm not sure they are meant to be oiled.  You should be able to unbolt the plate under the compressor, remove the two screws over the refrigeration lines, and unscrew the screws holding the evaporator down.  After doing this, just slide everything forward and sideways enough to access the evaporator fan motor.  Once you get everything moved, you can access the screws that attach the fan motor bracket to the evaporator housing.  When you reinstall the unit, I would put some silicone caulk on the screws that hold the evaporator down to prevent leaking.

P.S. I knew you meant the evaporator in your earlier comment and I also inadvertently said condenser when I meant evaporator.
kdog
5 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 10:28:19 pm »

Now that's a thing of beauty.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:30:02 pm by kdog » Logged
kdog
5 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 03:54:01 am »

Ok, so after I filled it with warm bottles and started it up, the power meter said it was taking  about 10.5 cents an hours to run the machine.  After 20 hours of running, it now says 4.5 cents to run.

Timed a compressor run, and it was about 8 minutes on, almost 21 minutes off, 8 minutes on etc.

How is that for performance?
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 05:49:45 am »

That sounds about normal.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 01:04:05 pm »

for sjt1803 who sent me a PM. for some reason I couldn't attach it to the PM reply....

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
kdog
5 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 08:00:47 am »

So i ran the fridge full for a 2nd 24 hours after it was already cooled. Running costs ran 3.93 cents per hour, 94.67 cents per day, $86.05 per quarter, and $344.27 per year.

So yeah, originally I honestly was afraid the running costs were going to be a lot more than they actually are. I know old fridges are notoriously inefficient compared to modern fridges, but as long as I stick $7-10 a week into a jar, I can absorb the running costs and not have to worry about a higher bill, therefore enjoying an ice cold Coca Cola guilt free.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: