SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 06:15:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 62 door glass condensation  (Read 2662 times)
todd62

« on: September 27, 2018, 05:19:46 pm »

There is some moisture condensation between the inner and center glass on the door. Its all in one area near the top, and it's about 8 inches in length.
I've taken the door apart and cleaned each glass a couple of times, but that didn't help.
The doors inner 3-glass seal is original but looks to still be in good shape and the door itself closes tight and seals very good also.
Do these machines usually have some condensation on the glass or should it be totally dry? The machine is inside my garage and it does this in all kinds of weather. Should I get the new 3-glass inner seal for the door?
Thanks, Todd
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 11:01:27 pm »

My C96 had condensed in bottom of door and did stop when I replaced seal on door and adjusted door for tighter fit . If you can slip paper in door seams too much air is leaking in around seal .

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
todd62

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 06:20:48 am »

I took the door apart again. This time I noticed a crease at the top of the gasket that holds the 3 glass panes. I turned the gasket upside down so the crease is at the bottom and carefully put it all back together. Problem solved, no more condensation.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 09:34:30 am »

Well Done!
Many times, things can be resolved without too much work...

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: