SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 06:09:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: coinco repair/parts?  (Read 3289 times)
sh0rtlife

« on: August 23, 2018, 01:03:23 pm »

so the coinco unit in my uss-12-96 has semi stopped working, it would seem that the 2 solenoids that force all coins to be rejected are no longer being pulled in, so i suspect there is a voltage failure somewhere, however with them carefully taped down as if they were being magnetically pulled in the coinco works just like it should, from vending on a nickle to giving correct change on a quarter, nothing seems a miss

so is this a transformer issue or something else?

ive found a way to safely keep those pulled in  thats as permanent as a solid clip on each of them that i can remove when the issues solved but id really like to have it working 100%

the fact that it otherwise works exactly as it should is whats confusing me unless that transformer is a dual output unit sending 1 volt set to the board and another volt set to the solenoids
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 02:32:18 pm »

Can you verify there is 120v to each coil?  Perhaps the coils are faulty...

My six cents,

Jim

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 10:00:53 pm »

Can you verify there is 120v to each coil?  Perhaps the coils are faulty...

both coils going bad at the same time is possible, but more likely is a broken circuit between the Jones plug & carrier switch on the bottle stack, the coils (coin reject electromagnets or C.R.E.M's for short) are powered by 120 volts so there is no transformer to worry about.

unplug the coinmech & check for voltage between the coinmechs female socket, pins #6 & #2 if there is 120 volts between the two pins then everything's OK from the bottle stacks carrier switch, (this switch also controls the  "Have a Coke" light on many Cavaliers) some times when people attempt to repair or rewire the "Have a Coke" lights ciruit,  they accidentally reverse the two connections on the switch & when this happens the Have a Coke light stays on all of the time & the coinmech will reject all coins

the CREMS are also controlled by the change tubes empty switch, which should light up the  "Correct change only" light, so if you have no nickles in the tubes ( or just not enough of them) or the tube switch is stuck, this will also cause the coinmech to reject coins

my guess is the bottle stacks carrier switch is stuck or a bottle gate is stuck & didn't reset the stacks mechanism that controls the switch, or the little return spring for the carriers stack switches "toggle plate" is broken & it's stuck in the wrong position.

take a look at the bottom of the stack.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
sh0rtlife

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 01:07:29 pm »

sure enough the stack switch is the issue, funny though,  there's a tiny screw on the floor of the machine and the black wire leg has come loose but taken the terminal plate with it, which is obviously held into the switch via that little screw....how in the world did this happen
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 06:42:56 pm by johnieG » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 06:44:12 pm »

Mischievous elves & fairy folk.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: