SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 04:37:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo V63 Compressor Fan Issue  (Read 2425 times)
drady

« on: August 24, 2018, 08:27:52 am »

Hey guys, you were able to help me get my lights up and working, thanks so much for that.  Now I have a more difficult challenge.

Long story short, it seems the fan on the compressor is getting stuck on something.  When spinning, the machine gets plenty cold, but once the fan stops, obviously no more.

Is there a way to get access to the back of the unit to see?  It appears to have spot welds on the back panel and no access other than the front.  When I felt around, it seemed like it was hitting the cardboard shield, so tinkered with that and all seemed well.  Then this morning no fan spinning again so I unplugged it, manually spun it with my and, and it's again hitting something.  So it may not be the cardboard, but I really can't see to do much. 

I'm worried if I take the bolt off and try moving the whole tray it is on that something might break so I'm looking for any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc.

Thanks,
Andy
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 02:49:37 pm »

Andy,

Will be best to loosen the evaporator as well and partially remove the system so you can gain access and see what the issue is. The single carriage bolt has two nuts, one that holds the bolt in place and the other bolts down the compressor plate. There is a space as well, so don't loose that!
You'll have to remove the two screws holding the line cover in place as well.
Perhaps the Video Tutorial at the bottom of this page may help a little...  Vintage-Restorations Digital Workshop

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: