SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 12:00:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago November Show  (Read 10138 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2018, 09:55:55 pm »

Dang it. No calendar oh

I saw a $34,000.00 bowling machine, but my wife said no.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 09:57:45 pm by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2018, 09:35:39 am »

We set up outside this year as usual, got in town around 3pm on Thursday and usually have some good luck selling a few things that afternoon.. but nothing, no traffic as it was snowing then too. Packed up and went out for dinner and met up with a few guys for drinks afterwards.. Good to see Brian, Matt, Seth as we had a few good laughs and enjoyed the atmosphere at the bar we where at..!!  blush

I did not like the outside set up , as we felt we had less traffic and the fact that we pay to be outside and then they charge $50.00 for our customers to come in I thought was ridiculous.. I honestly don't think they needed to charge for that ..
I'm fine if they wanted to charge $50 for the early INSIDE preview like in past, but they should not charge for the early outside shopping as that is the ONLY day we are there to sell and just didnt' seem fair to the buyer or us.

overall they need to tweek a few things on the set up , too spread out and of course if weather would been better, maybe a different experience.

and also with that? why those dates?? why can't it be in October or something like that? and the Spring show in 2019 is at the end of MARCH!?? why so early? can't imagine the fairgrounds have much going on just a few weeks later, say around april 15th?

but that is my take.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2018, 11:07:43 am »

Agree with Signguy on the charge for outside... and there is a ton of paved parking lot at this place... why the crappy "roun' back" in the dirt/gravel area for the
dealers that set up outside? (Well.. I'm sure it's so they can fence it all in and charge now)... but for dealers that set up outside only I don't think it's fair. They may
have had more traffic/buyers if they cut the $50 for outside...  But I paid it... spent most of the day there... thought I saw everything so I left for home early Saturday
morning due to weather didn't go back to the show... Did hear that some more vendors showed up Saturday and set up then due to weather... So I missed out a little.

I liked the building.. roomy... didn't like the outside set up or the $50 charge for wandering outside...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2018, 11:25:24 am »

Are the outside vendors also charged a fee to set up there?

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2018, 10:27:41 am »

YEP!!! we had to pay $220.00 to set up outside (which is the normal fee), but then they charged our potential buyers $50.00 to come buy our stuff!!!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: