SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 07:39:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo V110/6-case cooler deck missing  (Read 2534 times)
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« on: July 06, 2018, 10:21:47 pm »

Got this project in from a customer, an original Vendo 6-case cooler, it's completely original, solid chassis & no rust, and straight, 9 and a push-button door latch as opposed to a Key-lock, Complete that is except somewhere along the time line its entire cooling system was removed ( who knows why, perhaps sent out to be serviced, never to return) So I felt like posting a show & tell.

I'm in the process of fabricating up a new system for it with a new/modern  R134a compressor deck assembly transplanted onto an old deck plate out of a V110 vending machine that was scraped, and mating it up to a Vendo V83 evaporator assembly, which needed a motor mounting plate whittled up to accept a newer style unit bearing motor ( the old motor was a radial/belly band mounted type) for the round evap. coil & OEM 2-bladed propeller type fan, ( a real finger chopper  tounge) the old evaporator covers were pretty corroded/ rotted along the bottom so I had my sheet metal jobber fab' up so aluminum replacements, doing a bit of a test fitting on the bench before I commit to brazing it all together, rewiring & recharging the system and transplanting it into it new (old) home....

now that the heat index here in Michigan is below 100-deg/F should be able to wrap it up shortly.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 10:23:27 pm »

More Pic's

11 is louder than 10...
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 06:39:41 am »

Impressive work.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 09:20:30 am »

Thanks,

This is the kind of project I enjoy, bringing a machine back to a life after what could have been decades of neglect, I just rewired a '60's Lacrosse/LLC64 7up machine done in a Harley-Davidson theme for customer of Pat Pixley's.

Someone replaced the machines original compressor deck with a transplanted unit that looked like it came out of an old restaurant cooler as it had a nice coating of kitchen grease on it, and to top it off it looked like a pack of rabid squirrels attempted to rewire it, there wasn't any portion of the main wiring  or the vending harness that wasn't cut or spliced with wire nuts, & bits and pieces from an orange colored extension cord.

The owners said he attempted to plug it in after he got it home ( after being assured by the previous owner that it ran the last time that he plugged it in) but for some reason, it gave him quite an electrical shock ( yes, it had broken grounding pin) and then turned into a 4th of July sparkler and blew out his breakers, couldn't imagine why...

Now it's purring along just fine. ( i know, I know, it's just a Lacrosse, but he insisted he wanted it up & running & his money was green  biggrin)

11 is louder than 10...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: