SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 12:22:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a few questions and ideas on uss-12-96  (Read 1566 times)
sh0rtlife

« on: July 02, 2018, 08:42:45 pm »

so lets start off with..this machine has rapidly become part of the family, and see's use pretty well daily, if its soda, water, or beer it goes in it...once the floors are done its likely going to find its way into the livingroom

id like to identify some "stack" parts so that i can have a better chance of finding them, the part in question is what the bottle/can sits in within the stack, insert coin turn the knob and this rotates the can and vends..im looking for 2 to modify as im a firm beliver that i can take the bottle neck bar off of them and make them vend TALL cans like arizona tea....if someone can get me a name or partnumber or both ill be placeing a wanted here and start hunting the net..im also on the hunt for 2 shelves in ANY condition to modify for the same use(then need a 1/4-1/2 drop in mounting at the stack end)

next up if electrical, i have the door pinout which is only so usefull but no mention of what the wiring comeing up from the main frame is into the black bulkhead on the right just above the cooling unit...im looking for un-switched 120 that i can tap off of for the sake of adding in a TINY 12v transformer, i want to light INSIDE the stack (no not where you pull bottles from but where the bottles are awaiting vending)with a single LED at the back of the stack this will NOT be totaly visable but will make it easier to see if a selection is "empty" without sticking a pinky in the viewing hole, in addition to that i have a small back lit 12v temp unit im going to mount in the empty space above the stack so i can keep tabs on temps...i think i can get it cooler..and i think i can back off the compressor from needing to run soooo often

lastly...whats the fix for condensation INSIDE the glass....ive done some digging and seem mention of heating element resistive wire wrapped around the glass as well as some glass having "holes" drilled in em....i have zero issues with door seals or exsessive interior condensation just between the glass panes and by the looks of the calcium? build up its ALWAYS been an issue...i have split the glass for cleaning so i can wipe it out whenever..but looking for a perminant solution

anyone got any tricks for vend selection knob cleanup? mine clearly had ducttape on em for god knows how many years..some are nice some are nasty
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: