SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 07:51:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LED Light replacement for the flourescent in an H81D  (Read 2516 times)
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« on: November 23, 2019, 09:44:16 am »

help
Has anybody ever changed out their fluorescent bulb in an H81D? If it's even possible to do so, I'd like to hear the Pros & Cons of doing so.
Thanks in advance!

Jacobs 56 Restored
Vendo 81D Previous "resturbished"  - New Refurbishment in process
Vendo 81B - restoration in process
VMC Pepsi 81 - in line for restoration
brasskey
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 04:25:41 pm »

Yes. Just google the part number on the bulb and search for an LED replacement. I don't remember the bulb code off the top of my head, but there are LED bulbs in the same form factor. As far as Pros/Cons, same with any other LED replacement - more energy-efficient, lasts longer, more rugged (solid state), etc. Only con would be price as they're more expensive.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 12:35:26 am »

You will have to slide out the piece of frosted glass inside the bottle door frame .  There is a small bracket that holds the glass in place, simply loosen the door liner screws on both sides.  Should be a FT13 T8 bulb for home use a standard bulb compared to LED might not be worth it.  The standard bulb is at any local box store for under $10.

Jared
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 08:34:20 am »

Thanks everyone for your help. The glass lens was stuck (I'm sure due to old sticky soda pop). After I wiped down the area with hot warm soapy water, the lens slid up & down perfectly. I did a like for like florescent bulb at this time. 

Jacobs 56 Restored
Vendo 81D Previous "resturbished"  - New Refurbishment in process
Vendo 81B - restoration in process
VMC Pepsi 81 - in line for restoration
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: