SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 05:32:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pepsi clock help?  (Read 4059 times)
sh0rtlife

« on: June 23, 2018, 12:53:40 pm »

i have been in possession of a MASSIVE pepsi clock since the mid 80s..a sign shop had it out front for free and i dragged it home on a skateboard, after working with it a while i got the lighting all to work but the clock guts were long gone

fastforward thru several moves and what not..i have it hung on the wall again and wish i could find a clock for it..ive hunted the net and given up several times

its a single sided monster so it wouldnt have been one that turned or was mounted on a post it would have been wall mounted on a buisness..the size is roughly 4ftx4ft...the frame is about 8inches deep with the "bubble" of the face coming out about another 6

there is no date on it anywhere..and thru my searches ive never managed to find any info or even a pic of another one..so if anyone can date/id it that would be great as well

thats a FULL size can of brake clean next to it for scale.....

pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 02:48:50 pm »

Try here. Don't know if they can get you a motor/hands without a name on the clock.
Maybe a substitute based on size.
http://stores.petrorelics.com/
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 09:16:31 pm »

If your not intent on finding the original clock motor and hands, I’m sure you could find a suitable substitute on line and situate it to fit. There are tons of clock motors on amazon. Even easier with a battery powered unit. I have replaced a few using this method.

cmc
sh0rtlife

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 05:26:13 pm »

If your not intent on finding the original clock motor and hands, I’m sure you could find a suitable substitute on line and situate it to fit. There are tons of clock motors on amazon. Even easier with a battery powered unit. I have replaced a few using this method.

while i originaly looked into that.....finding something remotely large enough to not look silly is hard...and ive yet to find anything with big enough hands to look good....now wile id KILL to have the originals...i cant even find a pic of what this thing might have even had
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 09:04:30 pm »

Repro hands for a Cleveland Clock may look ok?

cmc
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 07:23:34 am »

Definitely will have to be an electric motor. If you go battery operated  you won't be able to find hands that look way out of place. Too short.
The minute hand would be 12-1/2" and the hour hand 10". I have a Double Cola clock that isn't a light up. That's where I got
the measurements. It is 36"x36" and all original.
sh0rtlife

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 01:30:34 pm »

Definitely will have to be an electric motor. If you go battery operated  you won't be able to find hands that look way out of place. Too short.
The minute hand would be 12-1/2" and the hour hand 10". I have a Double Cola clock that isn't a light up. That's where I got
the measurements. It is 36"x36" and all original.

mind tossin a pic of for comparison?...petrorelics looks like my best bet, i wish they had more styles
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2018, 10:46:11 pm »

If you haven’t fixed your clock yet look up Charles Smith @ NeonClockparts.com and he can recommend a motor and hands .

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest