SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 04:09:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: scotsman dispenser/ice maker  (Read 16290 times)
Piscator

« on: June 14, 2018, 03:41:07 pm »

Good day!
I purchased this Scotsman about 15 years ago and have been meaning to bring it back to life ever since.  I'm trying to evaluate whether it's a viable candidate for a full restoration.  Currently it runs and makes ice.  But I'm not sure if the refrigeration portion is up to snuff.  It takes about 3.5-4 hours to fill the bin. 

So here are some questions I have:

1. I have never done anything with the refrigeration system.  And wonder what the smartest plan of attack for bringing it make to functioning properly again.
2. The drip tray on the Cornelius is broken off and will need to be replaced. Do they come available occasionally? Or is that a "key" component to make the whole thing viable?
3. It's missing the screw in legs

It's a really cool(no pun intended) and hope it's worth bring back to life.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Jeff
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 05:43:17 pm »

I've got a parts machine id sell in Mountain Home, AR 72653 $50 picked up, it has 3 of the legs you need, plus all the side covers.

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 05:53:59 pm »

These old machines do take quite a bit of time to fill. The output isn't very high. Someone here probably knows more about this
thank I do. MAKE SURE that you swap out the hoses. Restaurant supply houses can sell you a cleaner to clean out the actual ice maker
unit. Best to purchase in person because if you buy the wrong cleaner, it could harm the machine. It will need to be sanitized too. I would like to see
a picture of the spigot handles. Just curious if that area lights up. Check to see if the spigots can be taken apart in any way. Today's machines
have to be taken apart and cleaned/sanitized daily. This is an area restaurants neglect to clean and mold will grow if not properly sanitized.
I speak from experience, 45+ years owning a restaurant.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 07:25:07 pm »

I've got a parts machine id sell in Mountain Home, AR 72653 $50 picked up, it has 3 of the legs you need, plus all the side covers.
Hey Joey,
Do you have the cover that lays on top behind where the dispenser mounting plate is?  Also, I need a complete trim set from a 225; do you have this as well...?
Thanks

My six cents,

Jim

coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 08:21:16 pm »

Send pics of what you need Jim, it’s in sorry shape but I may have what you need.

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 06:45:18 am »

Joey,

I do not know the dimensions of the top cover, but I presume they would be the same on various models...
The cabinet trim that covers the panel seam would be unique to the model 225 as others are larger and the bends would not line up correctly.
See what you have that may fit/work...  Thanks!

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: