SMC Discussion Areas
April 18, 2024, 10:55:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 25 cent palm reader game repair project  (Read 6729 times)
Ryengoth
5 Cent Member

« on: May 27, 2018, 09:53:51 pm »

Not much to post except links to the videos. So much to do on this one.
Old palm reader machine with ESD coin slide and motor randomizer retro-fit. Nothing works, repairing for Museum of The Bizarre in Wilmington NC. Coin slide clean and rebuild as well as initial tear down for eletrical diagnostics.

https://youtu.be/OT9DqykPxAs

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 01:00:49 pm by Ryengoth » Logged
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 10:57:31 pm »

Worthy project. Hope it goes well !
Creighton
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 08:12:54 am »

Awesome.. watched the first... will continue to check in and watch the progress.. best of luck on this... thanks for letting us tag along.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Ryengoth
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 06:18:26 pm »

The motors work and there is an Asahi Seiko DC motor brake module on the randomizer, which is kind of unique, but explains the reason for the double switch stack.The motors and brake module look fairly new. The power supply is an AC-AC 12V/5V and the main reason nothing works since it's mostly DC components. Someone really did not know what they were doing, clipped wires and I'm surprised the motor brake isn't fried. The bulb stack will not work on DC so gotta figure out how to power the system on DC and the bulb stack on 24VAC. 12VAC won't likely be strong enough for the 60W/120V bulbs.

More video to come, possibly tonight. Going to time compress most of the wiring diagnostics and set it to music. I still have some cosmetics to address and some fab to do for the coin mech setup. I may make a new coin box out of aluminum too, so possibly some tig welding vid. The cardboard insert and duct tape could be improved.  laugh
Ryengoth
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 12:53:47 am »

Part 2.

https://youtu.be/2QvN_P2_ARk

Ryengoth
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 11:28:20 pm »

Part 3. Time compressed with music, electrical diagnostics and testing on the randomizing system.

https://youtu.be/WALBqOhcGAc
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 04:32:12 am »

Thanks for sharing the video and demonstrating your amazing knowledge of how electric circuits work. Really interesting. Great job!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Ryengoth
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 09:45:45 am »

Thanks guys, it's been a fun project. I love working on cool stuff like this. Waiting on a couple of parts to finish the electrical. The button illumination is getting new bulbs and a maintainable set up without the hot melt mess. I've got some new lexan and an acrylic bottom plate for the palm switch to save the graphic. Button plate cutting and assembly video soon. Still have to finish the coin box and holder as well as a bracket for the coin slide switch so still a lot left for video content.
Ryengoth
5 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 11:29:58 am »

The palm button bulbs were being held in by their leads and some hot glue on the bottom. Not good.
Drew a bulb holder that would fit in the cabinet holes and give the bulbs some support.
All 7 took about an hour to print in PLA. Video included in the next YouTube video part.

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 03:35:12 pm »

Very Nice ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: