SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 12:00:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendorlator VMC 88  (Read 5183 times)
Pinsanon
« on: June 10, 2008, 10:46:17 am »

So I bought my first machine a Cavalier 51 a while back (yesterday! it's barely off the van), but HOW COOL are these things. The C51-E is a bit of a project, but now I really fancy having one ready to use in the workshop!

It was a friend's fault in the first place. He had a VMC88 (Pepsi) that he tried to sell me as part of a deal, I thought it sounded a bit too expensive - but he'd sown the seed in my brain! Although I didn't buy it at the time, a whopping 24 hours after getting my first one I'm now thinking about it!

He bought it a few years ago, and had it shipped from America (to the UK), and says it stands him around £1000 ($2000!!!) after shipping/taxes/duty/whatever else they rob us of. Although this does include his costs of getting the refrigeration all sorted and working.

It's cosmetically not an award winner, but is fully working - which is a bit of an improvement on the Cavalier (as yet, but not really had a proper look)!

Now £1000 ($2000) might seem like an awful lot of money for the machine, BUT it is in the UK already and shipping them must be a pain. He's a mate, so he wouldn't be asking for the money unless it owed him it, but I don't want to buy it for the sake of buying it, especially if he paid too much in the first place.

If it's way too much then I'll probably steer clear, if it's 'ok' or slightly expensive but not the end of the world then I might have it - besides he owes me money so I can take it off the bill!

Any help appreciated.

Two machines (potentially) in 2 days - uh oh, it's not looking good!

Nick
UK

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 10:58:12 am »

I warned you that this is an addictive hobby  biggrin Well it all comes down to how much you want the machine. I will say honestly the machine is not worth that much. But it is a really cool machine. I have had two and really kick myself for selling them. Now as for a machine to use your Cav 51 only vends small bottles which can be hard to find but the VMC-88 vends any bottles under 12 ounces which really makes it more practical. Especially if you are a beer drinker. As long as you are not buying for resale I would say that value is based on how much you like the machine. Also since you are in England it is not likely another will be showing up on ebay withing driving distance in the next week or so. I am an American but I am living in Singapore for a few years and had to give up my hobby. I would say that if I were to find a VMC-88 here for that price I would buy it without thinking twice. You need to talk to Dave. He live in England and has a very impressive collection. He will be able to gauge the value better than any of us. He may even have a better deal for sale?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 11:25:25 am »

You can get the 88 to vend 12 oz cans too!

Glen
kraftworkz

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 09:23:11 pm »

You can get the 88 to vend 12 oz cans too!

How?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: