SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 06:10:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vending mechanism  (Read 5209 times)
Jim2258

« on: April 19, 2018, 09:54:57 am »

Hello everyone, Newbie here and I'm trying to find out if the vending mechanism is working correctly. My bottle mechanism was from a vmc 56 flat top and I installed it in my vendo 56 flat top with no problems. The issue is the lock bar on the bottle mechanism will not allow another bottle to feed until the other 3 slots are empty. As soon as you pull the last bottle from last slot then all 4 slots refill. Is this normal? The slots that I'm talking about are all white then there is 3 slots painted blue that feed normal. Will try to post a picture.

Thanks, Jim
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 10:30:53 am by Jim2258 » Logged
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 05:16:50 pm »

Yes it’s normal on this type of vending stack, it’s designed to allow the oldest bottles to be vended first to rotate through thr machines inventory so there wouldn’t be “ stale “ promary product left in the more unused openings (shelves)as most people had the habit of taking bottles from the top slots first, this vending concept only really works on a single / primary flavor selection, not alternate selections , say the white selection was reserved for “Pepsi & the other slots were for alternatives like root beer, orange , etc.

Lacross had a simular concept with a 4-port Pepsi vendor that had the top slot reserved for Pepsi & internally the top three shelves were arranged to feed that selection (50% of the machines 56 bottles capacity)leaving only 3-shelves with 9 bottles each of alternative flavors.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 06:32:23 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Jim2258

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 08:11:58 pm »

Thank you JohnieG for the info. It does make a lot of sense, and you are exactly right with the whole white section having all Pepsi bottle caps next to it and the 3 in the blue section are different flavors. I appreciate the knowledge thank you again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: