SMC Discussion Areas
March 29, 2024, 12:56:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DNBC 240/138-6 project  (Read 6397 times)
Ryengoth
5 Cent Member

« on: April 18, 2018, 11:03:53 am »

I just acquired a Dixie Narco 240/138-6 Coke branded machine with 3 single and 3 double columns. The kids have to pay for their sodas now.  biggrin

I've gotten the machine working properly now but I'm trying to find information on how to configure the oscillators to handle 2-deep 12oz cans for the single columns. I have adjustable panels for all 6 columns and the original gate door. Surprising this thing is still working with parts from 1985. I just had 1 motor assembly that needed the main drive gear hub peened onto the shaft to secure it. An hour repair job on that and 3 hours with a DMM and it's all working.  drinking  I just can't figure out the cam adjustments, cam styles and such to get double cans to work without double-vending.  darn   help

Is there a bill acceptor that will fix this door panel? All of the ones I've seen so far that work with the TRC-6800H are too tall to fit the advertising window.

Thanks!

First test run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASUEyC_M1Y0

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 09:13:05 pm by Ryengoth » Logged
Ryengoth
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 11:41:59 am »

I measured and there is no way even a short down-stack VN series will fit this door.
The sign panel measures 40" x 14-3/16". Finding some inexpensive PC/acrylic to fit it has been difficult.
This machine, dark, draws 40W idle from the fans and 400W while the compressor is on.
I am working on a 110V LED illumination solution that will fit on the lamp door without removing the T12 parts.

The original Coke panel is going to be covered and put up. Some of the silkscreen is already damaged from what looks like a dribble of oil or degreaser that ran down from the inside top. I'm going to put a new acrylic or PC panel in so I can customize it.

The button polishing is done. Got a few before/after shots. Looks like one button was replaced. The original buttons have opaque backs. I removed the coke logo back from the big button so I could clean the inside of the button. I will probably buy a new replacement for that one and put it away so it won't get damaged.

The trim is going to be revived with a good buffing and re-installed once I get a replacement panel.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 09:13:25 pm by Ryengoth » Logged
Ryengoth
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 09:17:21 pm »

Some leftover RGB stick-on roll, hot glue, solder and some wire.
The 12V adapter is wired into the AC source pigtail for the light panel.
It pulls about 40mA. It's brighter than the cool whites but the RGB casts a purple hue on the Coke panel.
I may replace the strips with all bright white LED stick-on roll at some point.

Ryengoth
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 09:42:23 am »

#1 auto-vending issue. Red cam 90-series fix and rotor brake cleaning/review.
Another video coming soon reviewing the grey and red cam setups for double-deep single and double can columns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSJg3RRtpLY

Ryengoth
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 02:12:49 pm »

A quick video on double cans and why I put a soda machine in my garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0AVPgRz_8g
sh0rtlife

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 06:03:04 pm »

not sure where your located or but i know they will cut to order and ship "tap plastics" can custom cut and has most any plastic imagineable and their prices are very VERY reasonable
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 08:32:59 pm »

Nice to see some late models for a bit of a change.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Ryengoth
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 10:04:58 am »

sh0rtlife, I'm probably going to keep it as-is. I have a bunch of other projects consuming my play money. Currently its a 2000 IGT 3-reel slot machine that spent its days in Bally's Atlantic City. The DN is working fine except for column 4. That rotor rubbing is problematic and I've had no time to try to address it. I just don't use it. 3 48-can stacks lasts quite a while. I wish it had a bill acceptor, though. Would consider a trade for a newer model with one as long as it's not much wider.

johnieG, I would like to do a refresh on an older Cavalier Pepsi machine (70s) but people want stupid money for ones that are rusted with working cooling. If I run across a deal I may grab one. It will have to be under $200, though.
Ryengoth
5 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 02:34:53 pm »

Wireless remote installed. It stays hidden for the grown-ups to use. My wife got tired of having to search for quarters since the girls kept stealing quarters from anywhere they could find them. One of my daughters actually started using quarters from her state quarter book to buy soda.  laugh

My next hack will be setting up 4 flavor selections so you can press 1 to 4 to auto-dispense a specific flavor without having to hit the selection button.

cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2019, 12:51:49 am »

I like the remote it’s a very nice add on

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96