SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 08:48:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier tub floor reproduction  (Read 15334 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« on: January 20, 2018, 08:46:57 pm »

Does anyone have a good source to reproduce the tub floor on a Cavalier 72?    This is only the 2nd machine I have done and before on my 56 square top I had to beg and plead with a HVAC duct work manufacturer to make one for me and it cost over $100.   While the cost is high I don't think I will be able to get them to do another one.   Any thoughts would be appreciated. 
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 11:41:40 pm »

How bad is your old tub?  Unless it is a complete basket case, you should be able to repair it.  I bought a Cavalier 96 that was missing a lot of parts several years ago.  The main thing I wanted was the refrigeration unit.  The tub bottom is the same size as the Cavalier 72.  I was going to cut it out and use it on a Cavalier 72 that I am restoring, but decided that it was easier to repair the original.  I think my painter has gotten rid of the 96 tub by now.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 06:18:10 pm »

Hi Vendo81,  thanks for the response.  I have not technically pulled it out, but it is not looking good at this point. 
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 04:17:58 pm »

First , maybe try another HVAC shop... ours around me loves projects like this... takes them away from doing duct work.

2ndly... if they don't want to make a whole new Piece... just measure what you need, have them cut a sheet of galvanized and then layer the old pan with caulking, lay this new one over the old pan and seal the edges with seam sealer or caulk, drill in your new holes and drain hole, and  install the  Cooling unit and you should be good to go.

or if your powder coating , then tack weld it in place , get it powdered and fill any other voids with seam sealer..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 09:12:00 pm »

Thanks John, those are some good ideas.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 11:43:43 pm »

Hi Vendo81,  thanks for the response.  I have not technically pulled it out, but it is not looking good at this point.  

I would get a spot weld cutter and drill out all the spot welds and remove the pan shelf in one piece .  Than take it to local HVAC shop .  I made ( 3 ) for my Vendo 56 for $75 with tax.  I took the cabinet with me and the spot welded the new one in for free.

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,21240.0.html
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 10:13:13 am by Slapshot42 » Logged
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 08:41:48 pm »

Thanks Jared.  That is sort of what I did for my 56 squaretop.  The problem was I had to beg them to make even one and they charged me $100 for it.   Maybe I can get a slightly better deal to have them make me a few more, but that is if I can even get them to do it. 
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 01:08:11 pm »

Thanks Jared.  That is sort of what I did for my 56 squaretop.  The problem was I had to beg them to make even one and they charged me $100 for it.   Maybe I can get a slightly better deal to have them make me a few more, but that is if I can even get them to do it. 

Do you only have ( 1 ) local HVAC shop ??
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 03:58:39 pm »

No we have multiple and I tried a few last time and only got one to do it (which is all I need).  I know there are a few more so I will still try that route again. 
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 12:57:07 am »

No we have multiple and I tried a few last time and only got one to do it (which is all I need).  I know there are a few more so I will still try that route again. 

Knock all the spot welds and get it out and complete !  If you need a few mail them to me and get a few made !!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: