SMC Discussion Areas
April 18, 2024, 07:31:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flitz help  (Read 5657 times)
Big Blue

« on: January 06, 2018, 08:54:28 pm »

I have seen a few people talking about using Flitz for their pop machine to "clean them up" .  There are some very good pics of before and afters!  I found a liquid form at the local Ace Hardware and tried it today for a bit.  I wasn't that impressed.  After further review it looks like the folks on here used the paste form.  DO those of you that have used it agree?  THe little bottle I bought at the hardware store was 8 bucks.....the paste is 50 bucks on Amazon!

Randy
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 09:35:38 pm »

I bought the liquid too works ok but you got to use a lot of elbow grease . Haven't tried the paste . But I'm betting you ave to workmit in too

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 12:13:37 am »

I paid 8.95 for a small tube of a Flitz paste on Amazon to use on a picnic cooler. Haven’t tried it yet, but it was cheap enough with free shipping.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 12:15:24 am by ajf5577 » Logged

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
CocaMan
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 11:24:58 am »

I have not tried the paste but rather the liquid and again a lot of elbow grease and the end result was great.  I have posted pics in the past of both my original vendo 44 and jacobs 56 and how they came out after waxing and using flitz.  I also use it on signs and it has done a great job.  I definitely think that it is worth the money for the job that it does.

Vendo 44 (original)
Jacobs 56 (original)
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 01:24:10 pm »

The paste is AMAZING.... I didn't have any luck with the liquid. I found that the paste is good for oxidation but not rust. Others may have had a different experience. I have used the paste with a towel (as opposed to shop cloth or something smoother) and it has done a good job. The paste is also available in a tube which was way less than $50 when I bought it. Another fine Wisconsin product.  Cool

See pic in previous post

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,20922.msg166563.html#msg166563
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 01:30:32 pm by BEAYOUNG » Logged
Big Blue

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 03:37:15 pm »

Thanks for the insight everyone!  I will look at getting some paste and post results!  :-) But on Amazon there are like 8 different ones to choose from.  Should I get the one that includes the words "paint restorer"?

Randy
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:15:03 pm by Big Blue » Logged
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 06:42:10 pm »

Thanks for the insight everyone!  I will look at getting some paste and post results!  :-) But on Amazon there are like 8 different ones to choose from.  Should I get the one that includes the words "paint restorer"?

Randy

I believe that all of the paste is the same, you just pick the tube size that you want.  The packages all say the same thing
If you'd like to try it out first, get the $8.00 tube

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 09:16:42 am »

Buy it from Flitz online. 

I used their product for years on metal.  I never used it on paint.  I did use it on one of the metal plates, for example the black plate on a Vendo machine, and it took the black ink off.

I had luck on a pitted piece of metal, that was rusty, on a Mills juke box I once owned, but you have to use a tooth brush to get into the pitted holes.  (Use your wifes instead of yours).   Originally, I put the Flitz on the surface and it just cleaned the surface.  You need to push it into the pits with something.  I found an old toothbrush worked great.  It stayed rust free until I sold it years later.  Good stuff.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: