SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 01:41:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Questions - Vendo V63  (Read 9976 times)
drady

« on: January 10, 2018, 09:55:51 pm »

I recently purchased a Vendo V63, compressor works well.  My problem is I can't seem to get it to vend, I pulled the coin mech and changed it to 25c then put it back in, tried a quarter and nothing.  I'm a complete newbie here so it could certainly be something obvious.

It may be unrelated, but figured I'd mention that the light does not work in the door or behind the sign.  I did change the one in the door to a known working bulb and nothing.  I can't figure out how to get behind the sign to that light.

Thanks for any help and apologies in advance if this is the wrong place or dumb questions.  I attached a couple pics and can certainly add any more if it would help.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 11:26:57 am »

Drady

Welcome aboard . I private Messaged you   Send me a Message Drady
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:04:42 am by Ltransam » Logged

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Big Blue

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 10:48:59 pm »

When lights don’t work with a known good bulb I change  ballast.  Works 100 % of time
drady

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 10:29:41 pm »

So I think the mech is good now, pulled it out, popped some screws, blew it out with canned air, lubed it up a bit and now it seems ok.

Next problem, I can't get soda out.  I know the mech is reading things right, it's set to 25c, if I put in 30c it spits out a nickel as change.  I tried moving the shelf thinking maybe the bottles were too big, but I'm guess it's not releasing the lever, I'll keep plugging away but would appreciate any suggestions on what I'm looking at and where to go next.

-Andy
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 06:42:59 am »

Andy,

At the bottom of the vend stack is a cover, that when removed, allows access to the vend solenoid and a micro switch. (See Photo)
Make sure the machine is unplugged prior to pokin' around as this is line voltage (120v)! You can simulate the beginning of a vend cycle by manually working the solenoid action one time which will set the vend stack into "ready" to deliver stage allowing you to trouble-shoot this part of the vend cycle.

My six cents,

Jim

drady

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 08:21:44 pm »

Thanks for the help guys, I appear to be able to successfully vend soda now!

Next topic, lights.  How do I get to the light behind the sign?  Also, any thoughts on why the light above the glass dispenser door wouldn't be working outside what I'm thinking is the obvious of the wires appear to have be reattached with electrical tape.

I pulled 2 screws out and a plastic cap and assumed I'd then get the whole assembly out, but I must be missing something.

Thanks again for the help, this is a good resource.

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 08:35:02 pm »

You removed the right screws to access the main light fixture, 2 pins hold it in place on the other side.
Use a flat screwdriver to pry that light cover off from right to left.
     Then use that same screwdriver to pry out the coin-sized plug that is housing the bottle door light bulb.

Glen
drady

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 11:22:09 pm »

Got that out, bulb definitely dead, never changed a ballast before.  I read somewhere that the bulb and ballast are available at Lowes, anyone able to confirm or suggest a place to pick them up?  What about the starter, that seems to look ok, anyway to tell it's functionality?  Should it be replaced as well?
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 02:01:26 am »

I’d start with just the bulb and the starter. They’re cheap enough. If still no good, check that power is going to the ballast. Change that out last. You can take the numbers from your ballast to Lowe’s and see if they have one ( and the price)

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Big Blue

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 06:49:59 am »

Starter is an easy change.  Lowes for sure has them.  S2 starters if I remember right.
They do not have the ballast at my Lowes here in town.  Ace hardware has them though.  They are very easy to change too after you do your first one.... I seriously am batting 1000 when I change ballasts.  Lights fire up every time!

Good luck!

Randy
drady

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 01:59:26 pm »

Stopped at a local ACE on lunch, they had this ballast, is it "close enough" or should I keep hunting?

Big Blue

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 02:57:40 pm »

That’s it!
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 12:33:58 am »

The ballasts are $4.99 at Home Depot.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 12:34:26 am »

Stopped at a local ACE on lunch, they had this ballast, is it "close enough" or should I keep hunting?

Will work just fine!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: